NAG Meeting 28th September 2017

Moderator: ken kirk

RobM

NAG Meeting 28th September 2017

Postby RobM » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:19 am

11 members attended this enjoyable meeting:
The main focus of the first half of the meeting comprised Tony Wilkins’ first masterclass on track building to be
given this term. Nine of the other ten attendees of tonight’s meeting hung on Tony’s every word, the only
dissenter being yours truly, an ignorant old git who sat quietly at the back, muttering the occasional expletive
under his breath as something else went wrong with his own modelling.
Tony concentrated on switch blade filing using jigs and his presentation was very well received by the attendant
membership who showed their appreciation at the end by giving a rousing round of applause; all except me, of
course, who just carried on swearing occasionally.
Much discussion followed Tony’s presentation and one or two even braved filing their own switch blades. Of
the rest:

Nigel was continuing with the scratch building of Cupar station.
Barry was working on two Parkside Dundas kits of LMA cattle trucks.
Michael Prince had brought in a Hornby hopper wagon which he had converted to P4 and a Bachmann
3f Jinty which he had re-liveried and re-numbered.
I was continuing with the construction of the Fowler 3,500 gallon tender for the Brassmaster’s original
Patriot.

Forthcoming attractions

Next week is the NAG AGM, to be held at Risley Village Hall, starting at 20:00 hours, followed by a DVD
on Landscape modelling and fuddle. Bring some food and drink.

Tony will continue his trackbuilding mini-workshops on Thursday nights after the AGM. Read here for
further details as they develop.

Len Pinder
(Apprentice Minutes Secretary)
29 September 2017
http://www.robmilliken.co.uk
Updated December 2016

allanferguson

Re: NAG Meeting 28th September 2017

Postby allanferguson » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:09 pm

I wonder whether you could persuade Nigel to post some information about his model of Cupar station. As a local resident I admit to more than a passing interest!

Allan F

LenPinder

Postby LenPinder » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:40 pm

allanferguson wrote:I wonder whether you could persuade Nigel to post some information about his model of Cupar station. As a local resident I admit to more than a passing interest!

Allan F

Allan

Nigel does not currently access the Forum but I will endeavour to get some more detailed information from him and post it up here in due course. Can I crave your indulgence over timing for this? We have just had our AGM and it will take a week or two for the dust to settle.

Len

allanferguson

Postby allanferguson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 pm

Thank You Len; There's no hurry!

Allan F

Return to “East Midlands Area Group”