Split axles (again)!

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
Sapper

Split axles (again)!

Postby Sapper » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:27 am

Hello all
Can anyone out there tell me where I can purchase split axles from, as talking to Jeremy at Railwells last weekend he said the Stores would probably not have any for some considerable time. I have looked on the EMGS website and they do not list any split axles either. I have not been able to locate any 1/8th inch OD steel tube with a view to making my own, does anybody know where or if this is obtainable?

Looking through my storage boxes I note that I have 7 male sections bought some time ago and no female halves so I am a bit stuck!! As I do not have access to a lathe is there anybody out there who would be prepared to machine some female pieces up for me in 1/8th inch steel, also a number of 2mm axles as well. I would of course be happy to pay for this service.

I would be interested to hear from you.

Regards

Sapper

David Thorpe

Re: Split axles (again)!

Postby David Thorpe » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:45 am

Item 4907 in the EMGS price list (comes under "General Items for Conversions" on page 16). Otherwise, like you I've been searching for suitable 1/8 steel tube but without success; I did locate some on Ebay, but the internal diameter was too small to be of use.

David.

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 am

I think Branchlines used to do them.

Philip

Sapper

Postby Sapper » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 am

Phillip
I did get some from Branchlines several years ago and they were very good but unfortunately they appear to have dropped them from their range.

Regards

Sapper

BryanJohnson

Postby BryanJohnson » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Branchlines are still supplying split axle components in both 1/8" and 2mm diameter.

Price is £7.95 for components to make three axles.

No connection other than having ordered some this week.

Bryan

Sapper

Postby Sapper » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi Brian
Many thanks for the info - I will give Branchlines a try.

Regards

Sapper

Return to “Where to Find?”