Trestles in Screwfix Sale

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
Winander

Trestles in Screwfix Sale

Postby Winander » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:42 pm

Just in time for all those Jubilee Challenge layouts, Screwfix have their adjustable trestles in their clearance sale £22.99.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/metal-trestle-68cm/6561p
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Hardwicke

Re: Trestles in Screwfix Sale

Postby Hardwicke » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:07 am

Wow. Aldi used to sell them for about £6-£12
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

DougN

Postby DougN » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:43 am

I could actually do with another 2 a the moment.... But Aldi here in Australia don't seem to get them at the moment
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

David B

Postby David B » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:40 am

I have looked but they are not available for delivery and there are none anywhere near me. Number of trestles seem limited as many outlets did not have them.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:38 pm

I find those trestles take up an enormous amount of room in the vehicle - something that has to be factored in.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:27 am

One problem I found with then is the nuts fall of and the chain holding the retaining pins is pretty useless which just drops off. You might also lose the rubber feet and end protectors. A good basic design with cheap additional flaws
Ordsall Road (BR(E)), Forge Mill Sidings (BR(M)), Kirkcliffe Coking Plant (BR(E)), Swanage (BR (S)) and Heaby (LMS/MR). Acquired Thorneywood (GNR). Still trying to "Keep the Balance".

Hardwicke

Postby Hardwicke » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:14 am

Tim V wrote:I find those trestles take up an enormous amount of room in the vehicle - something that has to be factored in.

You can dismantle them and put them in the box, but it takes ages to rebuild them again at exhibitions. As far as I remember I was the first exhibitor to see their potential. They were used on Forge Mill on it's second or third outing.

jasp

Postby jasp » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:46 am

B&Q have pairs of tressles, similar to Screwfix @ £32.99 for two
IMG_1876.jpeg

Jim P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nigelcliffe

Postby nigelcliffe » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:03 am

If you assemble them with the lower bar on the inside, rather than outside, then they stack a bit closer.

As layout legs, the hassle over stacking/storing makes them extremely inefficient.

I've two in my garage bought for decorating/woodworking jobs. Main use is a drying rack for wet outdoor gear!

- Nigel

Return to “Where to Find?”