Bill Bedford Sprung Bogie Etches

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
ClikC

Bill Bedford Sprung Bogie Etches

Postby ClikC » Mon May 15, 2023 9:22 pm

With the sad demise of Eileen's, I find myself at a loss as to where to source Bill Bedford Sprung Bogie Etches.

Any ideas?
Matt Rogers

kelly

Re: Bill Bedford Sprung Bogie Etches

Postby kelly » Wed May 17, 2023 12:01 am

That I know of nothing has been announced regards the ranges being taken over as yet. The only things announced were for stock auctions I think.

You might have to post in the sales section asking if anyone has any spare to sell.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Neil Smith

Postby Neil Smith » Wed May 17, 2023 8:31 am

Bill has posted (either on here or RMWeb, sorry cannot remember which) saying in essence that he was in talks to get them stocked somewhere else, but as Kelly says, there has not yet been a public announcement that a new stockist has gone live. Some BB etches are available via Wizard but not the bogies, and looking just now quite a few of what they do list are "out of stock" currently.

All the best

Neil

Postby 4479 » Wed May 17, 2023 9:14 am

If the BB etches remain unavailable there are alternatives. I've used Dave Bradwell's sprung bogies for years, and the Mk2 version is very good. If a real hi-fi sprung bogie is desired then Justin Newitt does them.

Bob How

ClikC

Postby ClikC » Wed May 17, 2023 10:34 am

Thanks for the replies all, I've had a PM which should tide me over, and hopefully we'll see them reappear.

I'm afraid I must have missed any posts on the subject in the mean time.

I shall investigate Dave and Justin's offerings too.

Regards
Matt Rogers

kelly

Postby kelly » Wed May 17, 2023 12:10 pm

Neil Smith wrote:Bill has posted (either on here or RMWeb, sorry cannot remember which) saying in essence that he was in talks to get them stocked somewhere else, but as Kelly says, there has not yet been a public announcement that a new stockist has gone live. Some BB etches are available via Wizard but not the bogies, and looking just now quite a few of what they do list are "out of stock" currently.

All the best

Neil

I expect that the items on the Wizard site are probably waiting for the etchers to supply them, which apparantly currently on top of the rises in costs can take much longer than previously (probably not helped by that other etching company shutting down last year). Hopefully the etches will become available in time though.

Good though that Bill is trying to find alternative stockists, I wasn't sure how the arrangement with Eileen's was as to whether Bill retained ownership or Eileen's had bought the rights from him at the time earlier, so your post clears some of that up at least on my part.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Return to “Where to Find?”