Perseverance Coach Etches - question re availability

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
markh

Perseverance Coach Etches - question re availability

Postby markh » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Does anyone know whether any of Rod Neep's former Perseverance etched coaches (such as the GCR Clerestories) have been acquired by another manufacturer and are still available? The last post on the availability of any Perseverance items was in early 2015 - but the website listed on that post no longer works. Does anyone have any more recent information?
Thanks
Mark

Mike Garwood

Re: Perseverance Coach Etches - question re availability

Postby Mike Garwood » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi

I think the owner has recently passed away and I don't think the range has been picked up. I could be wrong on that - but not about the owner.

Mike

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:58 am

Rumour has it that another manufacturer is planning some 50' GCR coaches.....

markh

Postby markh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks Mike for that information re the owner of the Perserverance kits. I only hope that they don't join the dozens (if not hundreds) of useful designs that have simply disappeared into history like many of the D&S ones and others.

Thanks Bill for the information - can I only ask you to pass onto your "informed source" my most sincere and profound encouragement in their project. :D BTW Was your "source" any more specific about exactly which types of GC 50ft coaches were envisioned??!!

Cheers
Mark

iak

Postby iak » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Wibble... :shock:
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 am

Chris Parrish, the owner of the Perseverance (and formerly Puffers at Kenton and then Grosmont) passed away late last year. I believe he had not long "reintroduced" the Perseverance range.

An acquaintance with a background in the trade and who knew Chris well has been in touch with the family offering assistance should they wish to continue supplying the range or possibly 'sell it on', but I understand that they haven't yet come to a decision.

Some of the kits have been superceded by newer designs, such as the LNWR 4'6" 2-4-2T, while some loco "upgrade" chassis may have been effectively been made redundant by recent RTR models. However, other kits might have some sales potential, but that would be difficult to assess until/unless they are reintroduced.

billbedford

Postby billbedford » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 am

markh wrote:Thanks Bill for the information - can I only ask you to pass onto your "informed source" my most sincere and profound encouragement in their project. :D BTW Was your "source" any more specific about exactly which types of GC 50ft coaches were envisioned??!!

London Suburbans and Corridor stock.

markh

Postby markh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Thanks Bill!

markh

Postby markh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Jol Wilkinson wrote:Some of the kits have been superceded by newer designs, such as the LNWR 4'6" 2-4-2T, while some loco "upgrade" chassis may have been effectively been made redundant by recent RTR models. However, other kits might have some sales potential, but that would be difficult to assess until/unless they are reintroduced.

Thanks Jol. It's been so long since I have seen a catalogue of what Perserverance and Westward once sold that I can only remember the "suspension" components, (which will have been made redundant by design improvement over the years), the detailing castings (many of which are now included in other ranges), the GC carriage kits and the D11 Director (which has also been made redundant by a superb RTR offering). Chances are there was much more in there that I have forgotten entirely. I'll have to see if I can find an old paper catalogue in my files!
Mark

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:32 pm

markh wrote:... It's been so long since I have seen a catalogue of what Perserverance and Westward once sold that I can only remember the "suspension" components, ...... Chances are there was much more in there that I have forgotten entirely. I'll have to see if I can find an old paper catalogue in my files!

I relatively recently ordered a Drummond Chassis from Chris (±3 years ago).
PricelistforPuffersProducts21st April 2013.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tim Lee

markh

Postby markh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am

Thank you very much for that Tim!

Most of the line were really detailing parts - I wonder how many of those parts did actually make it into other ranges by sale or by replication!

Return to “Where to Find?”