Milner pattern point levers

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
jon price

Milner pattern point levers

Postby jon price » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:48 pm

Anybody know whether there are any 4mm scale Milner pattern point levers out there? The ones made by Scaleways are exactly right, except they are for 7 1/4" guage so a bit big, and a bit expensive at £78.50 for the castings. http://www.scalewaysignals.com/products ... roduct.htm
Connah's Quay Workshop threads: viewforum.php?f=125

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: Milner pattern point levers

Postby grovenor-2685 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:50 pm

This is the only place I have seen unusual point levers, Milner is not listed and the site is without pictures so no idea if any of the listed ones are similar. http://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/category/87/4mm-scale-/-00-gauge-southwark-bridge-models-accessories/
If I was putting up an online shop (as I did in the past) I would make pictures a top priority, not expect customers to buy on guesswork.
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:58 pm

I agree entirely with Keith about the priorities in establishing an on-line shop, but in defence(?) of Roxey Mouldings I believe it was their original intention to preserve/resurrect the original Southwark Bridge Models website, which did have illustrations of their items (certainly I remember browsing it a while ago, looking for - point levers!). However, the intention hasn't happened and the site is now defunct, returning a 404 not found message, so unless anyone has a screenshot of the point lever section ... (I haven't). There is the odd photo of some of the versions to be found in another place, the 'GWR old pattern' looking particularly attractive - but unfortunately no sign of a Milner. If you really need one (many?) I think it might be time to talk to someone interested in 3D printing.
David L-T

jon price

Postby jon price » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 pm

I have already contacted Dave at Roxey and his instant reply gave me a set of excellent pics. No they aren't on the website, but they did come back immediately and I got a bit of human interaction so I can't complain about Roxey. Unfortunately none are similar to Milner levers. You could be right about 3D printing.

Snells lever
Point Snell's.jpg

Macnee's lever
Point Macnee's.jpg[/attachment

Sommerson's lever[attachment=1]Point Sommerson's.jpg

William's lever
Point William's.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Connah's Quay Workshop threads: viewforum.php?f=125

Andy W

Postby Andy W » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:22 pm

I think Dave deserves praise for rescuing the excellent Southwark range. I understand that the original web site was somewhat "interesting" in its construction, and that when it's revamped there will be pictures.
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

Return to “Where to Find?”