Reasonably Priced Spraybooth

Information on sources for hard to find or unusual items.
jayell

Reasonably Priced Spraybooth

Postby jayell » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:32 am

Whilst looking for something else I noticed that a firm called Rutlands have on sale a few (5) spraybooths that are new but with damaged packaging at £49.66 (in VAT). On same page are links to some reasonably priced airbrush compressors.

See here:

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodworkin ... ng+dk6723x

I have no connection with the company other than as a prospective buyer of a replacement lock for my toolmakers cabinet (which they don't have unfortunately).

John Lewis

David B

Re: Reasonably Priced Spraybooth

Postby David B » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:44 am

Rutland's starting price is £20 more than Eileen's so the deal appears to be a greater bargain than it really is.

I have one of these booths. Nearly all the plastic hinges on the sides have broken which I have replaced with metal ones. My experience of these is that you get what you pay for. For small, occasional use, it is absolutely fine but if you intend to spray regularly, then invest in something more robust.

David

Jol Wilkinson

Postby Jol Wilkinson » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:54 am

I have one of these, bought from Eileens Emporium.

I would disagree with the statement "There is no need for a rear ventilation pipe". When spraying solvent based paints, especially self etch primer or cellulose based, you definitely need to duct the exhaust outside.

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:00 am

Jol Wilkinson wrote:you definitely need to duct the exhaust outside.

Second that - but even having the pipe isn't foolproof (modellerproof?). I'm fortunate in my current modelling room to have a Velux window (on the downwind side of the roof) that I point the pipe at. But in the UK I usually had it in the 'default' position, clipped back to the top of the booth. The first (and only) time I did some 'quick' spraying without a mask I realised this neatly directs the fumes straight into one's face ...
David L-T

derekrussan

Postby derekrussan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Regrettably I have had to withdraw my spray booths from sale. Some time ago I had a few where the mains lead recoil mechanism failed and had to be returned to my supplier. The last batch that I got in for IPMS and Warley had a very high failure rate, over 50%, all with the same fault. So I have now stopped stocking them. I do not know if other sellers have had similar experiences.

Derek

Eileens Emporium.
Derek Russan, Eileens Emporium.

Return to “Where to Find?”