November - Modelling Adventures with my Computer

Serving the Cambridge, Herts and Essex borders

Moderator: Paul Cram

John McAleely
Web Team

November - Modelling Adventures with my Computer

Postby John McAleely » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:30 pm

CHEAG's meeting last week was in the form of a talk from Geraint Hughes - "Modelling Adventures with my Computer". There was a fairly full room at the Coach and Horses, and Geraint was ably assisted by Brian Page, as he worked through his adventure.

This turned out to be themed around the use of CAD packages to prepare drawings for various modelling tasks. Starting with buildings, Geraint also discussed drawing layout plans, and preparing artwork for etching.

I thoroughly enjoyed the talk, and was impressed by the quality of the results.

So thank you Geraint, (and Brian!) for a very inspiring evening.

If you're interested in what Geraint's been up to recently, you might like to look at:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... ekaer-p87/

The next meeting is planned to be our Christmas meal, on thursday 13th December, and a workshop for those creating test benches is planned for the 1st December.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: November - Modelling Adventures with my Computer

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 am

John McAleely wrote:CHEAG's meeting last week was in the form of a talk from Geraint Hughes - "Modelling Adventures with my Computer". There was a fairly full room at the Coach and Horses, and Geraint was ably assisted by Brian Page, as he worked through his adventure.

This turned out to be themed around the use of CAD packages to prepare drawings for various modelling tasks. Starting with buildings, Geraint also discussed drawing layout plans, and preparing artwork for etching.

I'm extremely sorry that I missed it. I appear to have a copy of TurboCAD on this laptop, and I definitely have a need to learn how to use it!

I understand that places at the 1 December test track workshop are now full, so by Christmas should see the emergence of several more P4 test tracks to help people with their models.

I hope to be back again in time for the Christmas meal. If there are any finescale modellers in the area that are interested in coming along and saying hi, there will probably not be a more sociable setting to do it. Please just contact us if you would like further details.

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “CHEAG”