Recent Activity by CHEAG members

Serving the Cambridge, Herts and Essex borders

Moderator: Paul Cram

Rdunning

Recent Activity by CHEAG members

Postby Rdunning » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Over the summer during a break in official area group activities Martin Wilkinson has kindly painted for me the upperworks of my two S&D 7F 2-8-0's (in black cellulose as discussed at last Thursday night's area group meeting). 53805, the small-boilered version, was painted in its entirety by Martin and 53808, the large-boilered variant, had its recently renewed boiler and firebox (and tender frames) so treated. I am very pleased with the results as they are much better than I would have achieved using alternative methods. (The rest of 53808 was painted by me about 20 years ago)

In return I have been suggesting ways of getting Martin's GC Atlantic to go round corners as when first tried on my test track it steadfastly refused to stay on a 48" radius curve. As those who attended the recent meeting saw it is now capable of traversing the 48"/36" radius reverse curve, although some fine tuning remains to be done to stop a tendency for the bogie wheels to lift. Hopefully this can be addressed during our first autumn workshop which is planned for Saturday 27th October (venue to be confirmed) when the theme of the day is "making a test track".

For me this kind of co-operation is one of the main benefits of the Area Group system.

PICT0067.JPG
PICT0068.JPG
PICT0073.JPG

I look forward to seeing participants on the 27th at the workshop.

Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John McAleely
Web Team

Re: Recent Activity by CHEAG members

Postby John McAleely » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Lovely to see Richard. I've missed the kickoff of CHEAG's autumn programme, but I'm looking forward to joining in soon!

One for any passing CHEAGer: Are the thursday meetings first or second thursday of the month?

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: Recent Activity by CHEAG members

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 am

John McAleely wrote:Lovely to see Richard. I've missed the kickoff of CHEAG's autumn programme, but I'm looking forward to joining in soon!

One for any passing CHEAGer: Are the thursday meetings first or second thursday of the month?

Hi John,

It will be great to see you back. Hope that all the foreign travel for work is going well.

In the run up to Christmas, it has fallen that the meetings are on the second Thursday of the month.

I'll post a note of the meeting dates in a separate thread. Of course, any other modellers within travelling distance of Newport, Essex are very welcome to join us. CHEAG had three new members at the meeting last Thursday :-)

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “CHEAG”