CHEAG March Meeting

Serving the Cambridge, Herts and Essex borders

Moderator: Paul Cram

John McAleely
Web Team

CHEAG March Meeting

Postby John McAleely » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 pm

Folks,

Since I can't make CHEAG's March pub meeting (Coach and Horses, Newport, Thursday 1st March), I thought I'd share my latest modelling progress here.

I'm just starting to get the parts together for a layout, as my first attempt at one in P4:

TwentyAndTanks2.jpg

You can see the boards I built a couple of weeks ago, and you can see I'm checking that I have enough parts to lay out the track work (looks like I may need some more chairs).

Alongside you can see the layout's smaller sibling, my current 00 inglenook. One big change is that the P4 layout has wooden baseboards, thanks to the recent S4 news series!

Here's a gratuitous close up:

TwentyAndTanks3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: CHEAG March Meeting

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 pm

John McAleely wrote:Folks,

Since I can't make CHEAG's March pub meeting (Coach and Horses, Newport, Thursday 1st March), I thought I'd share my latest modelling progress here.

Looking good John... I particularly like the low angle shot.

What are you planning to bring along to the next workshop?

As a general invitation, if there is anyone else in the Cambs, Herts & Essex area that would like to come by and see us, CHEAG will be meeting from 8pm on the first Thursday of the month - this Thursday even - at the Coach and Horses, as John linked already.

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

jhock

Postby jhock » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:48 am

I has meant to make this meeting but work got in the way and I had to Plymouth and back in a day.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:50 am

jhock wrote:I has meant to make this meeting but work got in the way and I had to Plymouth and back in a day.

Hi James,

Not a problem - maybe you will be able to make it next month. There were a total of seven of us having a natter around the table.

Peter Tyler brought along a Bachmann (?) class 24 that his grandson was having trouble with the running in OO, to see if there were any obvious problems with the model that could be fixed. It was passed around, and admired , and concluded that a set of Ultrascale drop-ins were needed.

I had with me the Y14 and the tram engine that I had built at the last two Missenden weekends, as a prelude to next weekend's fun. I also had with me the two kits that I will choose from to build - the Alan Gibson GWR 517, and the High Level GER Y5. The general conclusion was to put aside the margarine metal and build the Y5!

And Phil brought along the Hattons model of the Waggon & Macheinenbauw Railbus - as used on the Braintree branch and others in the Eastern Region. It's a lovely model, and will look very nice indeed (and protptypical for the region) when running on Pampisford.

Oh, and we started talking about "Scaleforum East" :-)

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “CHEAG”