CHEAG December Workshop Day

Serving the Cambridge, Herts and Essex borders

Moderator: Paul Cram

Paul Willis
Forum Team

CHEAG December Workshop Day

Postby Paul Willis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Yesterday saw the latest and last of the CHEAG workshop days for 2011. Although there were fewer attendees than at last month's session, those that attended had a productive day, and much modelling was done.

Here, John McAleely is well on the way with a Bill Bedford wagon kit. I'm sure that John will be pleased to confirm the enormous improvement that has happened in his soldering skills in just a few months since his first attempt at Missenden. In the background, Martin Wilkinson gets to grips with the Avonside Chassis2 jig kindly lent to him by John.

CHEAG 002.jpg

On the other side of the table, Richard Dunning was putting the finishing touches to the running gear of his S&D 7F 2-8-0.

CHEAG 003.jpg

Richard had also bought along his test track for us to use. The first locomotive running on it was John's Class 03 shunter using a High Level chassis kit. This was its first run away from a rolling road.

CHEAG 004.jpg

My own workstation was in the background, where I busied myself preparing a number of wagon kits for the P4 treatment.

CHEAG 006.jpg

Richard soon had his 7F running, with a neat tender mounted motor leaving lots of room under the boiler.

CHEAG 007.jpg

CHEAG 009.jpg

CHEAG 010.jpg

We were also joined by Colin McCallum, the most camera shy member of the group...

CHEAG 017.jpg

Despite the somewhat erratic heating in the church hall, which on occasions had us reaching for extra soldering irons during the morning to stay warm, there was much productivity, which took us to an excellent pub lunch at our usual meeting place of the Coach & Horses, a pleasant ten minutes walk away.

After a couple of pints, we were expecting to be joined by Peter Tyler, although sadly he was too unwell to journey down from his home. However the rest of us cracked on to the end of the afternoon, and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

CHEAG intends to continue holding Workshop Days throughout 2012, and any member or non-member that is interested in spending a Saturday doing some good finescale modelling and engaging in friendly banter (particularly about barmaids!) will be very welcome to contact us for more details.

Cheers
Paul Willis
CHEAG (dis-)Organiser
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Simon Glidewell

Re: CHEAG December Workshop Day

Postby Simon Glidewell » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Now that looks and sounds the business! Especially the beer...

Return to “CHEAG”