CHEAG - 2nd December meeting, new venue

Serving the Cambridge, Herts and Essex borders

Moderator: Paul Cram

Paul Willis
Forum Team

CHEAG - 2nd December meeting, new venue

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:29 am

At the last meeting, Martin suggested meeting at a venue closer to the spiritual centre of the group. This was originally centred on Saffron Walden. It makes travelling easier for those more northerly members of the Group.

He has therefore undertaken the thankless and punishing task of researching suitable public houses...

The most positive result so far is the Coach and Horses at Newport, where the Landlord is happy to offer us the "Family" room free of charge between 7.30 and 10.30 pm on the first Thursday of the month.

http://www.coachandhorsesonline.com/

For those not familiar with the Coach and Horses, it is an attractive pub located at the north end of the village on the main Cambridge Road (B1383, formerly the A11), directly adjacent to the mainline rail overbridge. It has a large car park and is a 10 minute (max) walk from Newport station; Audley End station is a 20-25 min walk beyond the pub. Real ale, beer, soft drinks, coffee, meals and bar snacks will be available on the night.

I propose that we "officially" stick with a start time of 8pm (or 20.00 if you're feeling all continental) to give people chance to get there from work, but there is no reason not to turn up earlier to enjoy the surroundings :-)

As a theme for the next meeting, I'd like to have a natter about "stock storage solutions" - what do your models live in at home, and if they go out on the road, how do they travel? This is prompted by the wide assortment of ice cream tubs that appeared at November's meeting!

I'll see you there on 2 December...

Cheers
Paul Willis
CHEAG (dis-)Organiser
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “CHEAG”