Under New Management

Moderator: Ray5311

dcockling

Under New Management

Postby dcockling » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Report from Ray Hodson
I am pleased to announce that I have taken over as the Area Group Coordinator for South Hants from Dave Hawkins who has had this office for over 5 years, thank you David. I hope to bring some new life into the South Hants Area Group by planning regular group meetings and events.
The South Hants MRC Club have agreed that we can use their clubrooms for meetings, if the rooms are free. I now plan to have the meeting on the second Tuesday of each month.

SHants01.jpg
Would you but a second hand car from this pair? Dave Hawkins the retiring Area Coordinator and
Ray Hodson who looks apprehensive about his new role.
SHants01.jpg (106.33 KiB) Viewed 2242 times

Tuesday 9th September 2014

The first meeting under new management will be held at the South Hants MRC Club Rooms at FortWidley, Portsdown Hill Road, Portsmouth PO6 3LS see http://www.shmrc.co.uk/location.html for directions or contact me at south-hants@scalefour.org

Two exhibition layouts will be available to view and to use as "test tracks". Eastwood, end to end (S4) and Hope under Dimore, round and round plus branch (EM)
http://www.shmrc.co.uk/clublayouts/Hope/Hope.htm

Eastwood (1).jpg
Eastwood showing some of the progress to date. Now the team have target the have the layout
ready for the South Hants MRC Exhibition in November.

In the early evening Chris Budd will demonstrate Silver Soldering track work in the "Building Room" for those interested. Later on Phil Chudley, Dave Hawkins and Jonathan Buckie will talk about how they made the buildings for the Eastwood layout.

At the end of the evening members are invited to join the locals at "The Churchillian" next to the clubrooms before they go home.

Tuesday 14th October 2014

Again at the South Hants MRC Club Rooms at Fort Widley, Portsdown Hill Road, Portsmouth PO6 3LS
The Theme for the night is Railway Models of Southern England from LSWR to SW Trains and all stops in between.
Two exhibition layouts will be available to view and to use as "test tracks". Lee on the Solent, end to end (S4) http://www.shmrc.co.uk/layouts/Lee/Lee.htm and Hope under Dimore, round and round plus branch (EM) subject to confirmation.
In the early evening Ray Hodson will demonstrate how an RSU works and how to use an RSU in the "Building Room" for those interested. Later on we plan to have a modeller describing his stock as used on a Southern Area Layout. name to be confirmed.

At the end of the evening members are again invited to join the locals at "The Churchillian" next to the clubrooms before they go home.

Tuesday 13th November 2014

To be confirmed, do we have any offers from members please let me know. Please save the date we will have a meeting.

Best Regards

Ray Hodson
Chairman
South Hants MRC

Flymo748

Re: Under New Management

Postby Flymo748 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:43 am

Edit made to correct the date for the October meeting - it did show September originally.

Cheers
Paul Willis
Deputy Chairman
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

beachboy

Postby beachboy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:49 am

The Gent on the left reminds me of a heavy Rugby tackle, that broke my front tooth, and was given a plastic one on a plate. Crowns not being common at the time. But I could pop the tooth out and make it move from left to right & back. I obtained some strange looks as you do. But my kids could not work out how Dad can make his teeth move, and they could not.

Anyway I think Eastwood looks really good, period road transport, nice siding to show off and shunt the wagon models. And a possible MSE signal, that may even have a MSE baseplate ?.
The only negative comment is the hacked out F/Yard entrance. Which reminds me of those mouse holes in the skirting boards in Disney films, with the light on inside. Hopefully that could be camouflaged in some way.

Steve.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm

I'm a bit concerned that the title is "new management", the thought of trying to "manage" the people in my group (Bristol) makes my mind boggle.....
Tim V

Return to “South Hants”