flush end cutter

Includes workshop practice, painting and weathering, model photography etc.
andrewnummelin

flush end cutter

Postby andrewnummelin » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:59 pm

DSC05052.JPG

I tried to cut what I thought was a plated brass pin and it turned out to be hardened steel so I broke my cutter. I have been unable to find a replacement in the sources known to me (Shesto, Squires, Hobby Holidays, Cooksongold, Cousins, Maddisons,...). The nearest I've come across is the Lindstrom 7292 https://www.lindstromtools.com/int_en/precision-11---oblique-end-miniature-head-cutters-with-miniature-head-pb_7292_.html. Farnell lists this, but it is currently unavailable: also the normal price is well over £60 and I don't think I can justify that much.

Wider flush end cutters are easy to find but I found this tool very useful for working in tight spaces. I've had my unbranded tool for a very long time and my wife wondered if it had come from Tokyu Hands when we lived in Japan more that 30 years ago. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced alternative?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

David Knight

Re: flush end cutter

Postby David Knight » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:14 pm

This might do the job:
https://www.fohrmann.com/en/end-cutting ... ipper.html

I can’t speak to the quality but they do look the part.

HTH

David

Martin Wynne

Postby Martin Wynne » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:53 pm

40+ years developing Templot. Enjoy using Templot? Join Templot Club. Be a Templot supporter.

andrewnummelin

Postby andrewnummelin » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:13 pm

David & Martin,

Many thanks for the swift and useful replies: I do not know how I missed these potential suppliers as I have bought from them in the past, and have been very pleased with quality and service from both.
Regards,

Andrew Nummelin

Return to “Tools and Techniques”