Hollywood Foundry "Guide To Etching"

Includes workshop practice, painting and weathering, model photography etc.
Paul Willis
Forum Team

Hollywood Foundry "Guide To Etching"

Postby Paul Willis » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 pm

On tonight's Virtual Area Group Zoom call, we had a great discussion on the subjects of 2D etching and 3D printing.

As well as touching on the various types of software available (and having a real-time demonstration of Fusion 360 by Les), mention was also made of the very useful guides to etching that were produced by Hollywood Foundry.

It was news to me that HF had gone out of business: http://www.hollywoodfoundry.com :-(

A couple of the guides I found online by googling, but not the full set. Fortunately, when starting to learn etch design myself I had downloaded and saved the full set. So for the future benefit of Society members who may want to try their hand at etching their own components, I attach them for them here.

Should there be any question of copyright, I'll remove them although there is no marking and they were previously freely downloadable.

Cheers
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Winander

Re: Hollywood Foundry "Guide To Etching"

Postby Winander » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Paul, as the one who lamented the loss of this resource, I thank you.

The thing I liked about it was that it was easy to understand and independent of a supplier.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Return to “Tools and Techniques”