Adhesive for coach glazing

Includes workshop practice, painting and weathering, model photography etc.
williambarter

Adhesive for coach glazing

Postby williambarter » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:50 am

I've always struggled to glaze coaches to my satisfaction, through lack of an adhesive that actually works but doesn't form strings. But quite by chance I picked up a tube of EverBuild Stick2 Hard Plastic Adhesive - apparently intended for applications such as guttering.

This is the best I have come across - smells a bit like UHU, but absolutely no stringing. Has anyone else tried this?

William

David Thorpe

Re: Adhesive for coach glazing

Postby David Thorpe » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:07 am

I haven't used that one, although like you I did initially find difficulty in finding a suitable adhesive for glazing for coach windows. I have now settled on Formula 560 Canopy Glue, which looks like PVA, dries clear, and sticks plastic to metal. And of course it doesn't string. I believe that Deluxe Materials do a similar adhesive, "Glue 'n' Glaze".

DT

Guy Rixon

Postby Guy Rixon » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:34 am

Bizarrely, Deluxe materials Card Glue also works for sticking acrylic glazing to hard materials. I suspect that it works better on painted brass than bare metal. But I shall switch to the Everbuild product if I can find where where to buy it.

Alan Turner

Postby Alan Turner » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Guy Rixon wrote:Bizarrely, Deluxe materials Card Glue also works for sticking acrylic glazing to hard materials. I suspect that it works better on painted brass than bare metal. But I shall switch to the Everbuild product if I can find where where to buy it.

Rapid, CPC

regards

Alan

Return to “Tools and Techniques”