West of Scotland Area Group

Allan Goodwillie

West of Scotland Area Group

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi I was just wondering if you could add the West of Scotland 4mm Group to the list of Groups.

We meet twice a month. One meeting in a member's house and the other meeting takes place under Glasgow Central Station. The dates are a bit of a movable feast at the moment, but anyone wishing to join us or just come along for a few meetings, to try us out as it were, will be most welcome.

This was one of the very first P4 Groups formed in 1969, but in recent years we have gained several new members and have room for a few more. We have started a beginners group looking at getting started in S4 and everyone is having a go at building a locomotive. We have an exhibition layout 30ft long approx. and are about to develop the scenery on Mike Gilgannon's large main line layout over the next year in its new home under the Station. We share premises with the Clydeside O Gauge group and have happy relations with them.

It is an exciting time to be in the group as we look forward to major developments. We are a friendly group and will make new members feel at home. :D

Our Secretary and Treasurer is Chris Coles and the Chairman myself. Any new members can contact our group either via the 4um or via the Society membership Secretary. Below are two photographs of our exhibition layout Calderside.

Allan Goodwillie
Attachments
DSC01352.JPG
A passenger train arrives at the station of Calderside
DSC01352.JPG (35.1 KiB) Viewed 6501 times
DSC01333.JPG
The station buildings based on Mid Calder station
DSC01333.JPG (38.53 KiB) Viewed 6501 times

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: West of Scotland Area Group

Postby grovenor-2685 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi I was just wondering if you could add the West of Scotland 4mm Group to the list of Groups.

Sorted, hope to see plenty of activity.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Thank you Keith, could I just say thank you for your work in setting up this fourum and keeping us all right. I am sure it is very appreciated by all who take part. I am happy to say it has quite a civilised feel about it with virtually all of the postings posted in a spirit of common sense and gentle help to one and all. Hope you manage to get some modelling done when you hand over soon.

Allan

CBM

Postby CBM » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi All this might not be the best place for this?

The Post,
Starting in P4
West of Scotland Group's "Starters" Build a loco Project.

The problem.
I would like to read this,but every time i try to look it keeps logging me out ,while showing that i am still logged in and having deleted all Board Cookies from every page i go on,still the problem remains?

Any one any idea's?

Chris.

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:58 pm

Chris,
You are right, this is not the place, this belongs in "ask the admin", i will move it later.
You have been using the group for a while now, made quite a lot of posts, has this problem just started? If so what have you changed, any automatic upgrade to your browser or anything?
Does the problem affect the whole forum or just specific subforums or topics?
There should only be one set of three cookies that relate to your login, usually if you logout then delete the cookies and start over this sort of issue is resolved. If not there may be something in your security settings.
With more detail it may be possible to find a problem.
Regards
Keith
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

Allan Goodwillie

Postby Allan Goodwillie » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:52 pm

Just thought it was about time we had an update on the Fourum about the Group. I have passed on the chairmanship to John Stocks, but remain on the committee. Chris Coles remains our Secretary and Treasurer and I would like to thank them and the other members of the Group for their help and support during my tenure as chairman. We have gone from strength to strength in recent years with an increase in numbers and new ventures including Gilgannon Junction which is down in the dungeon at Central Station. Calderside has also been rewired and brought up to date. We now have an electronic newsletter/magazine which has roughly 6 issues per year. If you are thinking about contacting us I would be very happy to send a few copies of the "Blower" to you. We also like people to come along and experience the group before joining.

If you were thinking about joining the group we are happy to have you, even if you do not have a layout in the scale. We have several members who are at the tasting stage, but who have great skills to add to the group activities. We have outings and regularly attend exhibitions with our club exhibition layout as well as members layouts. We have two exhibitions in the offing before the end of the year, one in Glasgow and the other in Newcastle. In recent times we have attended Scalefour North and Scalefourum with layouts.

As to the Fourum,I have been asked to submit a section on scratchbuilding locomotive bodies from the beginners point of view as I have done during the chassis building program we embarked upon as a group and which has been heavily used elsewhere on the Fourum. We have not been covering scratchbuilding as a group as most were simply wanting to make chassis for kits or prop. bodies, however I thought since I was being asked to do this by many of the Society members that perhaps I should have covered this before now so I will do something about a write up over the next few months.

We are starting a new season in September and this would be a good time to come along as much is planned for a good season ahead.

Return to “West of Scotland”