Great British Train Show - 2016

Moderator: David Knight

MarkS

Great British Train Show - 2016

Postby MarkS » Tue May 10, 2016 2:36 am

Last weekend, here in the centre of Canada, David Knight and I were out flying the Scalefour banner at GBTS 2016 in Brampton, Ontario.
40 years.jpg

We had a terrific time, as always, and it seemed we spent more time chatting than actually playing trains...
The boys from Rapido trains were there, showing off the APT-E and updating us about the Stirling Single. (It's not ready yet!) There were hints that they may be considering some UK coaches.
However, I almost convinced Bill Schneider (http://uk.rapidotrains.com/about-rapido-trains-inc/), to re-build his GWR branch line layout in in P4 - he was very impressed with look of the track and wheels on our respective bits of model railway.
When we mentioned that there were track kits, chassis kits, wheels and drop in wheel sets, he nearly capitulated, so I am hoping the seed was planted.

Dave's "Rose" performed flawlessly for 2 days, and as you can see the fireman worked hard...
Rose.jpg

Dave also debuted "Maggie" who despite some initial teething, settled in and was more than just a pretty loco.
maggie.jpg

My 3F (from the 3F challenge) also made it's debut, much to the delight of all four S&DJR fans at the show.
3F -2.jpg

3F #73.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers,

Mark.
"In the end, when all is said and done, more will have been said than done..."

John Fitton

Re: Great British Train Show - 2016

Postby John Fitton » Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am

Very nice models gents!

John Fitton, Ottawa.

David Knight

Re: Great British Train Show - 2016

Postby David Knight » Tue May 10, 2016 5:28 pm

A couple more pics from GBTS just to give the previous ones some more context.
First off, the combined layouts.
Nether Upton & Upper Leaside.jpg

Mark's Upper Leaside with himself at the controls.
Upper Leaside.jpg

My Nether Upton with Mark toiling away.
Nether Upton.jpg

Cheers,

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Canadian Group”