Platelayers Symposium

Moderator: David Knight

David Knight

Platelayers Symposium

Postby David Knight » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:39 pm

There will be a Symposium hosted by the Platelayers Society on May 7, 2011 in Brampton, Ontario. This is a biennial event held in the off years between the Great British Train Show. Unlike GBTS this is not open to the general public but only to members of the model railway groups operating in southern Ontario. There will be a P4 presence in the form of the Nether Upton Light Railway and at least 2 engines with CSBs will be running. If you would be interested in joining us please let me know well in advance as catering arrangements need to be made. Admission will be by showing your S4 membership card at the door. The official invitation is posted below.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

David

Where: Loafers Lake Recreation Centre Auditorium, Brampton
When: Saturday 7th May 2011
Time: 11:00 am – 3:00 pm (Subject to amendment)
Entrance Fee: $0.00 (Yes, it’s free!)

To all Platelayers Members.
As you may have read in the latest Coupling the 2011 Symposium is a go, and you are all cordially invited to attend. Attendance is by invitation only, but members may bring one non-member as a guest.
If any member wishes to display, a layout, clinic, or other activity, which may be of interest to the Railway Modelling community, please let me know with details. Also if any member wishes to make a presentation (30 minute max.) on a Railway topic, be it 12” to the foot, or in model form, again please let me know with details. As reported in the Coupling only one stream of presentations will be held this year, so fewer presentations will be offered. Don’t be shy! I’d rather have too many than too few.
Lunch will be provided at a reasonable cost ($0.00), in other words, FREE!
Vendors will be present so you can purchase your favourite items, plus we will have our usual ‘Bring and Buy’ table, please contact Gerry Taylor if you wish to sell any items.
Volunteers will be needed for a variety of duties, so again please let me know if you can help, don’t be shy, I don’t intend to do all the work!

Please respond if you plan to attend, along with the name of your guest, so we can plan the catering accordingly.

Thanks
John M. Rowe
johnmrowe@rogers.com

David Knight

Re: Platelayers Symposium

Postby David Knight » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Just a quick update. If you intend to join us at the Symposium would you please contact me by mid April at the latest so that the catering can be organized.

Cheers,

David

David Knight

Postby David Knight » Sun May 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Some pictures of the Scalefour contingent's efforts at the Platelayers' Symposium courtesy of Mark Stapleton.
visiting O2 at Nether Upton.jpg

Mark's O2 at the station
a pair of Neilsons.jpg

Recently completed engines by Neil Berrington (l) and David Knight (r)
J72 at work.jpg

Working the yard
idle railbus.jpg

Waiting for the next run

Cheers,

David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nberrington

Postby nberrington » Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

The usual suspects...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Canadian Group”