New Member rgmichel CT USA

Moderator: David Knight

Natalie Graham

Re: New Member rgmichel CT USA

Postby Natalie Graham » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:43 pm

DaveyTee wrote:The wheel press weighs 153 grams. That would cost £4.70 airmail to the USA, plus any handling or packing charges.

DT

According to his advert in the latest MRJ; postage per order to 'overseas' is '£2.50 unless stated*' which doesn't appear to apply to the wheel press. (The rivet press and mini-rollers are the items with an asterisk to indicate higher postage. The UK rate is listed for these but not the overseas rate)

rgmichel

Postby rgmichel » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Well, I am gradually acquiring some things, a member from Canada has kindly provided me with a wheel gauge, and I just bought a wheel press from ebay.
Robert,
Ashford Lake, CT, USA

Stephan.wintner

Postby Stephan.wintner » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:55 am

A bit late to dig up an old thread, but the content seems relevant.

Hello, I'm a new member, located outside Seattle. Hello from down south.

I've been interested in various aspects of model railroads for many years. Recently bought some MRJ magazines which have been inspiring. Combined with a long-standing interest on etched steam loco kits, thoughts of a pre-war layout in p4 keep occuring. Perhaps some branchline near the Settle and Carlisle. I'll admit to having done lots of reading and little modelling to date - that whole gainful employment thing - but thought I'd say hello.

If the Vancouver meet goes ahead at the end of May, I'll be there.

Cheers
Stephan

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: New Member - Stephan Wintner

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 am

Stephan.wintner wrote:A bit late to dig up an old thread, but the content seems relevant.

Hello, I'm a new member, located outside Seattle. Hello from down south.

I've been interested in various aspects of model railroads for many years. Recently bought some MRJ magazines which have been inspiring. Combined with a long-standing interest on etched steam loco kits, thoughts of a pre-war layout in p4 keep occuring. Perhaps some branchline near the Settle and Carlisle. I'll admit to having done lots of reading and little modelling to date - that whole gainful employment thing - but thought I'd say hello.

If the Vancouver meet goes ahead at the end of May, I'll be there.

Welcome!

One or two copies of the MRJ and an interest in etched kits. It's a slippery slope...

I hope you've had chance to browse around the Forum. In particular, have a look at Tim's thread: https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5148

It's a Midland Railway branchline in a similar part of the world, pre-(First)War, and importantly, he started P4 modelling as a complete beginner. Oh, and started with a lot of reading ;-)

And don'r worry about asking lots of questions - it's what this Forum is for.

Finally, yes, having to work for a living is a pain!
Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Le Corbusier

Postby Le Corbusier » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:21 am

Wow! .... I'm not sure I would wish that on anyone :shock: Still it does show a journey of sorts ... lots of fun as well if totally self indulgent ... and it is a great illustration of the collective help here on the forum.

Radio silence at the moment due to work ... but you never know :? Strange times .... we will have to see where it leads :?
Tim Lee

Stephan.wintner

Postby Stephan.wintner » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:04 pm

Thanks Folks.

I had noticed that very interesting thread, and need to read it again more thoroughly. It certainly does echo some of my interests. (I had meant first war, too.)

I must confess it's well more than one or two issues of MRJ by now. And my copy of Rice's books on etched kits are well read too (and I've had them for years).

Cheers
Stephan

Return to “Canadian Group”