CRAG MEETING - 6 DEC 2022

Moderator: Stephen Paulin

SteamAle

CRAG MEETING - 6 DEC 2022

Postby SteamAle » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:28 am

Please note change of date!
Due to a planned rail strike on our previously advertised date we have changed it to Tuesday 6 December 2022. Meet from midday.
Venue the same. Woodrow Wilson (Wetherspoons) Botchergate, Carlisle. Pay and display car park at rear on Collier Lane, access via Crown Street.
If travelling by train exit station into forecourt, walk towards traffic lights and turn right into Botchergate. 150 yards south to the pub. Not Lloyds!
If you are intending to come please let me know either by PM or phone 07719 035 650. Let me know your travel arrangements and expected arrival time.
Ian Everett is planning to travel up by trian from Oxford to join us!
Looks like it will still be Railbus from either Appleby and Haltwhistle.
Philip

Philip Hall

Re: CRAG MEETING - 6 DEC 2022

Postby Philip Hall » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:29 am

Too far for me, I'm afraid (!) but I couldn't help noticing the street. Botchergate. Surely not a reflection on our modelling?!

Philip

SteamAle

Re: CRAG MEETING - 6 DEC 2022

Postby SteamAle » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:48 pm

Better late than never I suppose. We met, we talked, we laughed, we ate and some of us drank alcohol, well we were in a pub. Oh and trains were discussed in great detail, both model and the big ones. Friendships were renewed and new ones made.
Some even managed to visit C&M Models in Carlisle and spend a couple of pounds or so.
Ian Everett managed to make it all the way from Oxford and back by himself and even on a train, which included using Avanti. Considering how unreliable they have been this year I personally was very surprised. It was great to see him again and he really enjoyed meeting up with us all.
Ron and Patsy Tyler came down from the top of Swaledale, meeting up with Stephen Paulin from Kirkby Stephen. David Dredge and Stuart du Boer made it all the way from Yorkshire. Jonathan Oldfield made it from Lancashire and yes there were some other Cumbrian residents there as well.
Bob How from Brampton. Ian Johnson from near Wigton and Stephen Griffin and myself from Carlisle. We do wonder if CRAGIES is the correct title for our group!
Scalefour Cumberland was a big topic of conversation. Everybody that made it enjoyed it and thoughts turned to how those not involved this year may like to participate in the next one.

Happy Solstice to everybody.

Next meeting Tuesday 17 January 2023. Midland Railway, Staionmasters House, Kirkby Stephen. Stephen Paulin will provide a light lunch for those tha want to partake. Please let either Stephen or myself know if you intend to come along.

Return to “Cumbrian Region Area Group (CRAG)”