CRAG MEETING - 27 SEPT 2022

Moderator: Stephen Paulin

SteamAle

CRAG MEETING - 27 SEPT 2022

Postby SteamAle » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:00 pm

The next Cragies meeting will be held at the former Midland Railway Station Masters house at Kirkby Stephen on Tuesday 27 Sept.
Meet from midday. Lunch will be provided by Stephen but please try and let him know if attending so that he can make enough for everybody.

Due to family commitments I did not make the last meetings, but did make the June one. The layout was laid out on the grass in the back garden and measured up. The first time we had got it all out at once. Unfortunately it is still too big to erect in the railway room! Various suggestions were made as to how we could make best use of the boards, that would allow the layout to be run, as well as retaining its integraty for exhibition use. We all went away with our thinking hats on and amazingly one of our group, Richard Hodgson, came up with a suggestion that might just work 'Le Spiral'. I'm not certain how far the logistics have progressed but may find out at this months meeting. The date was changed due to the sad passing of our Queen.

Several members attended the Model Railway Exhibition at Kirkby Stephen East station in June, after the organisor had approached me and asked for help. Ian Johnson took his layout. Stephen Paulin took a couple of boards from Killicrankie and Terry Bendall made the long trip up with the Society stand. The exhibition is held as a fundraiser for the site and admission is free with visitors asked to make a donation. The organisors were very happy with the event and plan to do it again next year.

Philip

Return to “Cumbrian Region Area Group (CRAG)”