CRAGies next meeting

Moderator: Stephen Paulin

dcockling

CRAGies next meeting

Postby dcockling » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Our next meeting will be at Brian Lewis' Windermere house at noon on Saturday 23rd January, when we hope to meet more members from our wide area, which currently covers all of Cumbria and much of North Yorkshire. For more information please contact Ian Everett ian@bottomchapel.co.uk 01969 650180 or Stephen Paulin Stephen.Paulin@silverbeck-rymer.co.uk 07708 879314.
Posted on behalf of Ian Everett.

dcockling

Re: CRAGies next meeting

Postby dcockling » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:50 pm

The next meeting of the CRAGgies will be on the first Saturday of next month, which will be 1st May.

I have volunteered to have it at my house and I hope by that time to have completed the U-shaped link section between Bradford North Western and Clecklewyke. If so we should be able to have a decent operating session, running a proper service between the two stations, controlling the block between them prototypically, with block instruments. At our meeting last Saturday we met two potential new members from the EMGS, who I hope will be able to join us in May. We also saw lots of nice old buses, running a very intensive service between Kirkby Stephen town and station. We took one of them back to Stephen's house, where we admired his new railway room - a super wooden building in his back gardem, with a view of trains on the Settle and Carlisle. What could be better?

Posted on behalf of Ian Everett.

dcockling

Re: CRAGies next meeting

Postby dcockling » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:50 pm

A further update from Ian Everett:

Just a quick reminder that the next meeting will be at my house next Saturday. Since the last meeting I have been working hard to connect Bradford to Clecklewyke. Trains are now running between the two stations and if all goes well we should be able to run trains on three controllers simultaneously (arrivals and departures at Bradford and shunting at Clecklewyke). However, there are no signals yet, and I doubt I'll have the block instruments set up properly but we are getting there! There should also be a simple test track working for trying out locos.

Please do bring your locos and stock as much of my stock is in dire need of thorough maintenance, since I have been concentrating on track etc. We would also like to see any other projects you have on the go.

If you would like to bring your DCC gear (including transformer) each location has a standard 5-pin socket, wired as before.

We will meet from noon onwards at my house, adjourning to the Crown for lunch at about 1pm then returning for the main meeting.

Betsy and I look forward to seeing you,

best wishes,

Ian

Return to “Cumbrian Region Area Group (CRAG)”