CRAG Meeting June 14 2018

Moderator: Stephen Paulin

Ian Everett

CRAG Meeting June 14 2018

Postby Ian Everett » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Stu, David, Phil, Sheila, Ron, Patsy, Chris and I met at the Farmers’ Arms in that beaautiful village, Muker, for an excellent lunch washed down with a few pints, then drove up Swaledaale to Ravenseat, the beautiful, remote home of Ron and Patsy.

We then played trans. Ron is developing an enormous EM layout controlled by DCC so the air was alive with the sounds of Peaks, EE Type 4s, Jubilees etc. and discussions of the relative merits of different kinds of sound systems. Most of that was above my head but several members seemed to be appreciating it. Ron’s layout is based on the Settle and Carlisle and is in its early stages yet, so some of us (me!) found it difficult to work out how the convoluted main line on several levels would eventually be connected. There will be two sets of hidden sidimgs (up and down) and a station. The trackwork for these was well on the way to completion and there will clearly be scope for a lot of long trains.

Another highlight was the L&Y train pulled by a P4 L&Y battery loco, built by David Dredge from a High Level kit for his model of Fleetwood.

The afternoon was punctuated by yet more sustenance - apple and rhubarb crumble, tea and coffee, kindly made by Patsy, to whom many thanks are due.

P1030680.jpg

P1030676.jpg

P1030675.jpg

P1030685.jpg

Thanks to Phil Tuer for the photographs.

The next meetings will be as followa:

Thurs July 12th at my house in Askrigg (Clecklewyke and Bradrord North Western)
Thurs 9th August at Steve Paulin’s house in Kirkby Stephen (Killiecrankie)
Thurs 13th September host needed - can you offer?
Sat 27th October at Mike Norris’ to operate Preston (limited numbers but some places still available - please contact me by return.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Cumbrian Region Area Group (CRAG)”