Cumbrian Region Area Group

Moderator: Stephen Paulin

Ian Everett

Cumbrian Region Area Group

Postby Ian Everett » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:19 am

Dear all, back on track, the next meeting will be at my house in Wensleydale on Thursday 14th March, when we will have another operating session on Bradford NW.

Humber Dock will also be on display, by then just about ready for Scalefour North. Either that or I'll be a gibbering wreck!

Although we are notionally an area group of the Scalefour Society we are not alll members of the Society and are catholic in our tastes, with members who model in all major 4mm scales - and none - so anyone in the Cumbrian or North Yorkshire Dales are is welcome to join us. Either PM me or email me at ian@bottomchapel.co.uk

We meet at noonish, have a pub lunch, and then return for an afternoon operating session, punctuated with lots of good chat and refreshments.

Ian

Here is Stuart, signalman at BNW, in pensive mood.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ian Everett

Re: Cumbrian Region Area Group

Postby Ian Everett » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:27 am

We had a most enjoyable meeting on Saturday, made even better by David's scones.
The main event (other than the mandatory pub lunch) was the erection of Humber Dock for a debugging session before Scalefour North in two weeks' time. We found a few snags: new wiring fouling the hidden sneak-off track, slight level differences between the cassette deck and the main baseboard, adjustment needed for the main sector plate, etc. but the main issues were aesthetic, made manifest by Tom Foster's pictures, taken in very low light with his iPhone, which he was able to get really close to the action. It is amazing how the camera makes clear what the eye filters out. Admitttedly nobody will get this close to the models but the leaning lamp posts, wonky buildings and patchy paintwork will have to be attended to before Scalefour North. Here are some of the pictures he took (excluding those showing the most obvious faults!):

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy W

Re: Cumbrian Region Area Group

Postby Andy W » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:10 am

Looking good!
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

Return to “Cumbrian Region Area Group (CRAG)”