CRAG MEETING - 11 JANUARY 2022

Moderator: Stephen Paulin

SteamAle

CRAG MEETING - 11 JANUARY 2022

Postby SteamAle » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 am

Well, unfortunately I could not make the last meeting, nor could others as the planned meal in Settle had to be cancelled due to Covid issues, but the previous meeting did go ahead.
Stephen had arranged for the group to meet up at his house in Kirkby Stephen to welcome in the New Year. In view of difficulties caused by Covid uncertainties he decided to provide soup etc. at his house for lunch. I turned up unannounced as I was not certain I could make it due to a family members ill health.
Including Stephen and myself Stuart and David had travelled up by train from Leeds and lo and behold a new member, Ian Johnson, who now lives not far from me, had joined us. He has moved up from Linconshire. Following lots of introductions and outlines of who is doing what Ian ended up with an invitation to exhibit his layout Tredethy Wharf, which has previously been exhibited at Scalefourum, at Workington MRE in November this year. I think he is still in a state of shock.
His joining does mean that in the north of the county we now have Bob Hetherington, Ian, myself, Stephen Griffiths, David Beale, Chris Pendlenton and Bob How, all with P4 models in one form or another. With Stephen at KS and Neil Smith in the very south of the county we are gradually increasing our number and once we can all start to meet up together it should make for some very enjoyable meetings. In addition we have a number of members from across the County borders who join us as well and we welcome more.
Following an extended lunch we ventured out to Stephen's garage to look at his layout, well once we brought a couple of boards round from his new layout room, which awaits final finishing and installation of electrics before we can use it! I had built a new control panel prior to lockdown and although it had been connected to the layout previously, only the point motors seemed to work, for some reason we could not get the Pentroller to provide any power so the test meter came out and we discovered that I had a crossed wire to the tracks on the second board. I decided that the best thing to do was take the boards home so that I could work on them in a nice warm room. as it was somewhat cold in the garage.
Hopefully I'll have sorted the faults prior to our meeting next month, again at Stephen's, and we will be able to have a few boards operational, although there is some work to do to the points and a couple of areas where the track appears to be 'out of gauge'.
If you would like to join us please get in touch with Stephen, Tel. number is in the 'Blue sheet'.

Return to “Cumbrian Region Area Group (CRAG)”