CD/DVD: Civil Engineering Structures

How to add the atmosphere.
nigelcliffe

CD/DVD: Civil Engineering Structures

Postby nigelcliffe » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:02 pm

I bought a copy of the CD/DVD on Civil Engineering Structures at Scaleforum. My initial reading suggests it contains a lot of useful information.

But, I have a gripe. The illustrations and photographs are quite poor, low resolution, with ragged edges and text on the illustrations verging on illegible. Which seems odd as there is oodles of spare space on the disc for high resolution illustrations of complete clarity. Perhaps someone involved in the project can look into it, and decide if an upgrade to good resolution illustrations might be possible for purchasers.

civil-eng-sample.png

- Nigel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Re: CD/DVD: Civil Engineering Structures

Postby Terry Bendall » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 am

I have just looked at my copy. The particular illustration shown by Nigel is a bit fuzzy at 200% maginification but not as bad as the image that Nigel has shown. That is viewing on a lap top screen rather than a large monitor. I have also looked at a range of other drawings and photos chosen at random throughout the book. At 100% they look fine on my screen but loose a bit of definition at 200%

I had no involvement with the production of the book other than some comments made on the content at an early stage, but it seems to me that the drawings and pictures are sufficient for the purpose.

Terry Bendall

nigelcliffe

Re: CD/DVD: Civil Engineering Structures

Postby nigelcliffe » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 am

Terry Bendall wrote: but it seems to me that the drawings and pictures are sufficient for the purpose.

We'll have to disagree on this. I think the majority of images are poor quality, and I think they could have been much better.

- Nigel

Return to “Scenery and Structures”