Teloxys Aristata (Sea Foam)

How to add the atmosphere.
David Dornom

Teloxys Aristata (Sea Foam)

Postby David Dornom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:32 pm

A few years ago, when I was demonstrating at Scaleforum, a visitor told me how to obtain seeds to frow "Forest in a box" The idea appealed to me, and I duly obtained some seeds from a firm in Cumbria. The snag was that no instructions came with the seeds, so i just planted them into a variety of boxes and composts, together with locations.
Sad to report, very few have even taken, and what there is , can only be called puny!
Has anyone else had any experience with such items, and with what results? I would be very interested to hea. Regards David Dornomr

nigelcliffe

Re: Teloxys Aristata (Sea Foam)

Postby nigelcliffe » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:13 pm

I have no experience of growing the plant.

What I've read suggests it is a plant of dry deserts, so Cumbria might be taxing without a greenhouse or a raised bed with a cloche over it.

If you push these through Google translate, there may be a few more tips.

http://www.model35.fr/t_zeeschium.html

http://encyclopedie.beneluxspoor.net/in ... uim_kweken

regards

Nigel

newport_rod

Postby newport_rod » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:40 am

David
I've failed too and ended up with a pot of shapeless mush, but our club chairman and Society member, Dave Hagger succeeded admirably, look here http://www.newportmrs.com/clubgoingson.htm.

I have a set of growing instructions which I can send to you if you like.

Cheers
Rod

Edit: spelling correction.
Last edited by newport_rod on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pprd1964

Postby pprd1964 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm

As Rod has said, I've managed to grow these. As speculated, it needs a greenhouse to do it.
The seeds are very fine and when they first germinate as liable to fungus attack (Damping off)
In fact mine managed with a lot of neglect as they got stuck at the back of the greenhouse and I only watered them when the weeds that were also growing in the troughs were wilting. I think that must have approximated to a desert.
As far as making trees, they seem to have a good shape, though the 'trunks' are a bit skinny. We've yet to apply foliage to them.

And as a botanist I have to point out that it is Teloxys aristata with a small a. The generic part (Teloxys or Homo) has a capital letter, the specific part (aristata or sapiens) always a small letter. A small difference I know, but as important as a few thou in the check gauge.

Dave Hagger

Paul Townsend

Postby Paul Townsend » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:32 am

Much easier and more benficial to grow your own Cannabis indica and buy the seafoam for trees &-}}

Return to “Scenery and Structures”