RTR EM Gauge Track from Peco.

Discuss the prototype and how to model it.
Philip Hall

Re: RTR EM Gauge Track from Peco.

Postby Philip Hall » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:24 pm

Tim’s post, for me, is right on the money. If I were starting today (and I’m really sorry to have to say this!) I would be sorely tempted to work in 00, given the abundance of riches we now have. OK I’m a Southern modeller, ex - LSWR in the South West so Hornby have really done the business for me. ‘Fantastic halfway house’ sums EM up perfectly for me. The best compromise is surely EM (Sorry again!), it’s most of the gain for about half the pain. But note I said compromise. I like the appearance of P4 wheels and track, and I can make them work without compensation etc. to save me time. I have also been working in P4 for thirty years or more, so no way can I go back even to EM.

The question of costs is slightly different from a simple business model. Presumably the EMGS are stumping up the initial costs, so the actual amount of sales will be down to how many of the membership decide to buy, given that Peco will not be selling things from their usual catalogue. So it would be with us, if it ever happened that way.

Philip

Guy Rixon

Re: RTR EM Gauge Track from Peco.

Postby Guy Rixon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 am

Philip Hall wrote:... The best compromise is surely EM (Sorry again!), it’s most of the gain for about half the pain. But note I said compromise. I like the appearance of P4 wheels and track, and I can make them work without compensation etc. to save me time. ...

If you are using rigid suspension and building at least some of the track by hand, where's the extra pain of P4 w.r.t EM?

Return to “Track and Turnouts”