3-way tandem turnouts in Templot

Discuss the prototype and how to model it.
Martin Wynne

3-way tandem turnouts in Templot

Postby Martin Wynne » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 am

In another topic there is a discussion about lack of activity on this forum.

So I thought I may as well announce here in addition to elsewhere that I have just released a new version 218b of Templot, which can now automatically create 3-way tandem turnouts, double-sided or single-sided. They can be in curved or straight track, and of any size.

The process leaves some final details such as check rail ends to be tweaked by the user, because it needs a human eye to see what is needed on the screen. But the outline geometry and splitting into partial templates is done for you.

There is no point in writing again here what I have written elsewhere, see this page for more information:

http://templot.com/companion/3_way_tandem_turnouts.php

and discussion on the Templot Club forum.

Your copy of Templot should update automatically if you restart it and follow the instructions. If you have any problems with that, see the download and notes at:

http://templot.com/companion/installation.php

cheers,

Martin.
40+ years developing Templot. Enjoy using Templot? Join Templot Club. Be a Templot supporter.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: 3-way tandem turnouts in Templot

Postby Paul Willis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:35 am

Martin Wynne wrote:In another topic there is a discussion about lack of activity on this forum.

So I thought I may as well announce here in addition to elsewhere that I have just released a new version 218b of Templot, which can now automatically create 3-way tandem turnouts, double-sided or single-sided. They can be in curved or straight track, and of any size.

Your copy of Templot should update automatically if you restart it and follow the instructions. If you have any problems with that, see the download and notes at:

Thanks Martin. I've done the update this morning and will have a play when I have chance.

Given the obsession of the Great Eastern Railway with three-way turnouts, no matter how small the station, I can see this being a real boon to modellers of the east of England.

Cheers
Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:53 am

Excellent, thanks Martin. There's a couple of them on Lewes which exist at the moment just as simple turnouts and an overlapping length of plain line (or is it overlapping turnouts) which will benefit from upgrading.
Rod

JFS

Postby JFS » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:19 am

Martin Wynne wrote:I have just released a new version 218b of Templot, which can now automatically create 3-way tandem turnouts.

... and very powerful it is too - well done and many thanks Martin. BTW, is that timestamp correct on your post - or perhaps you are in Australia?? If it is correct, then I bow to your dedication, but would be more than happy if you would like to take the odd hour or two off to sleep... :D

Best wishes,

John Donnelly
Web Team

Postby John Donnelly » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Just been having a play with this, excellent new feature.

John

PeteT

Postby PeteT » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:55 pm

This, and the slips (with which I've already had a small play) are both excellent features which will very much help my Midland plans as I get to them. Thank you Martin!

Return to “Track and Turnouts”