First point. Early conundrums.

Discuss the prototype and how to model it.
RichardS

Re: First point. Early conundrums.

Postby RichardS » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:17 pm

grovenor-2685 wrote:
Looking at Keith's video again it looks to me as if the ones shown there are round ones.

No the stretchers are the pcb strip on edge representing modern flexible stretchers, the round bar is just the connection from the drive crank.
I'll try and take a close up.
Regards

Oops - looks for specs!
Thanks

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:48 pm

Tried the close up trick but seems the demo board is not suitable to show how the folds should look, the combination of paint and solder rather obscures the etch. I probably should locate the packet and fold up another for the purpose. Won't be very quick though.
Two pics attached such as they are.
Picture4.bmp

Picture6.bmp

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

RichardS

Postby RichardS » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:55 am

grovenor-2685 wrote:Tried the close up trick but seems the demo board is not suitable to show how the folds should look, the combination of paint and solder rather obscures the etch. I probably should locate the packet and fold up another for the purpose. Won't be very quick though.
Two pics attached such as they are.
Regards

That's helpful Keith, I can see how they fit to the blades which helps to explain how they should sit.
Thank you

I've actually had an offer, via email, to send me a made up bracket. I don't want to cause anybody unnecessary duplication of effort or create awkward situations etc etc when people are being so helpful. Digging hole, shut up Slipper! (I hope you know what I mean) :-)

It is a feature I have found as a newbie though that folk in this society are very generous with help and advice - and there seems to be none of the 'great wisdom' dispensed by a certain types found elsewhere in the hobby. May it endure.

Kindest
Richard

Return to “Track and Turnouts”