Scalefour Digest 1.2 publication date?

Discuss the prototype and how to model it.
ClikC

Scalefour Digest 1.2 publication date?

Postby ClikC » Thu May 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Afternoon all,

Quick question. Is there a known date of publication for the current version (2.4) of the Scalefour Digest 1.2 'P4 Track and Wheel Standards'?

I ask because I need to cite the year of the document.

Regards

Matt Rogers
Matt Rogers (AKA ClikC)

Exeter Model Railway Society

grovenor-2685

Re: Scalefour Digest 1.2 publication date?

Postby grovenor-2685 » Thu May 12, 2016 2:44 pm

[url]http://www.clag.org.uk/p4standards.html
[/url]
You could go by the 1998 at the beginning or the 2002 at the end, failing that you will have to ask Russ.
Regards

ClikC

Postby ClikC » Thu May 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Many Thanks, Keith. I've opted for 2002, although I can correct if required.

In all honestly, the likelihood of this information being checked is slim to none, being more of a box ticking exercise than anything else.

Regards

Matt
Matt Rogers (AKA ClikC)

Exeter Model Railway Society

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:34 pm

Matt - the official publication date is December 1998.

The 2002 date at the bottom of the webpage was when I got round to transcribing it into html, which seemed a sensible editorial thing to do at the time, but it kinda doesn't make sense to me now.

John McAleely

Postby John McAleely » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:46 pm

Russ Elliott wrote:The 2002 date at the bottom of the webpage was when I got round to transcribing it into html, which seemed a sensible editorial thing to do at the time, but it kinda doesn't make sense to me now.

That certainly feels to me like an act 'of its time', and perhaps we would choose to host the document differently now. That said, I still see value in the HTML transcription, and I'd be happy to host it on scalefour.org in the fullness of time. In order to make it clear it is a good copy, I've linked to it from several places on this site in my tenure, most notably www.scalefour.org/p4-standards.

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:43 pm

I wasn't particularly enamoured of the Society's paper/pdf transcription of 1.2, even after I had spent time correcting its mistakes. Bob Bourne has improved the presentation a bit from time to time, but I still squirm at the blanket enforcement of the 2-column layout, which spoils the coherence of table 1.

The html represents my intention better, and I'm a bit obsessive about being in control of the html of things that have my name on.

Return to “Track and Turnouts”