Drawings of economical facing point locks

Discuss the prototype and how to model it.
junctionmad

Drawings of economical facing point locks

Postby junctionmad » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:34 pm

I'm looking to do a 3 D printed model of economical FPL , non working of course. I'm particularly interested in any historical drawings that may exist in various signalling books .

Perhaps forumities might be able to unearth some drawings

Anything from 1900 on , should suffice to let me scale my idea into a cad drawings

I'm especially interested any Railway Signalling company E-FPLs.

Thanks

Dave

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Re: Drawings of economical facing point locks

Postby grovenor-2685 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Some phots and drawings in this topic, at least 4 varieties covered. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/19013-facing-point-lock-operation/#entry186682
Regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

John Fitton

Postby John Fitton » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Keith,

A nice shot showing how the web of flat bottom rail is machined away to allow the switch rail to seat. I have done this on my hidden sidings (as an experiment in FB turnout construction) and provided great care is taken, reliable operation results.

John

junctionmad

Postby junctionmad » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks

The specific E-FPL is shown in the attached pic, This is one of the most common types that was used in ireland and Ive been told its a railway signal company type , but Im not sure of that

can anyone identify it. Its has the escapement movement just ahead of the rectangular lock box
FPL.jpg

thanks

dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Track and Turnouts”