Fylde Area Group (April 2019)

Moderator: mike_t_norris

mike_t_norris

Fylde Area Group (April 2019)

Postby mike_t_norris » Thu May 09, 2019 8:38 pm

The 11th April saw eight members present and apologies from two. It was a quiet evening with the usual number of general discussions on various aspects. Although I did get a change to run my Crab which had a derailment problem on one of the circuits, where there was a poor rail joint followed by a dip in the track, must remember this it is a useful test location! Therefore as it does not seem to cause any problems when running the timetable, so I intend to leave it. As for the Crab following a return to works it was found that the motor was being restrained by the body and therefore not dropping down into hollows in the track as it was supposed to (there is always something!). Anyway the problem has been solved and it can now cope with the track problem as should have done in the first place. So now with its steam test complete it can go into the paint shop.

Hopefully get the camera out for the next meeting, time for some more pictures.

Our next meeting is on Thursday 16th May, it will be a ‘Run and natter’ session starting at 17:30 for 20:00; please contact myself the organiser (details on the Blue Sheet) for more information.

Return to “Fylde”