Fylde Area Group (September 2017)

Moderator: mike_t_norris

Fylde Area Group (September 2017)

Postby mike_t_norris » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm

September was a rather poorly attended meeting with only four members present and apologies from three. This meant that conveying details for the October meeting, the Expo-Bowland event could not be finalised on the night, and has involved a series of emails to establish who will be able to attend or demonstrate.

For those of us at the meeting we were able to see the beautiful signals and banner repeater that Karl has built for the Shipley layout, photos of which are below. We spent some time discussing how he had built them and hopefully one day I will be able to copy some of his ideas for my Preston signals.

So as mentioned the next meeting will be the Expo-Bowland event, on Saturday 21st October, NOT THE THIRD THURSDAY, this is an invitation only event courtesy of the Craven & Ribble Area Group of the EM Gauge Society. Names need to be confirmed to me by Monday 25th September, as food is being provided.

The next meeting of the Group at the Preston layout will be on Thursday 16th November at 7:30pm for 8:00pm and is a ‘Run and Natter’ session, details available from myself, contact via the ‘Blue Sheet’. Please note that at this meeting the Hotpot Supper will need to be ordered for the 7th December meeting, the price is £6.50.

Return to “Fylde”