Fylde Area Group (January 2016)

Moderator: mike_t_norris

mike_t_norris

Fylde Area Group (January 2016)

Postby mike_t_norris » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Happy New Year!

Our fist meeting of the New Year was attended by 8 members, with no apologies. Graham brought along a number of locomotives he had purchased from the Allan Smith, who Graham knows from his days with the Craven Area Group.

The Black Five, photographed below was built from a Gibson kit, nicely turned out and ready for work, hopefully we will see more of these locomotives next month.

Peter Sutherland also brought along his 3232 Class, built form a Finney kit, again shown below.

Lastly in the collection Richard Dunning brought a Standard 4MT, built from a Bachmann body, with Comet chassis and large tender, again providing another faultless run from Richard.

Lastly my new addition although it will be out of period, but as it is the first proprietary P4 model I fell I had to have one! A Sutton Locomotive Workshop Class24, straight out of the tissue paper, with sound light and all the firebells and AWS whistles!

The next meeting is a ‘Run and Natter’ on the 18th February, starting at 7:30pm for 8:00pm. Please contact the organiser (details on the Blue Sheet) for more information.

LATE CLOSING NEW – Our planned meeting at Tony Millers, originally scheduled for the 16th June, has been move to the 23rd June.

nikon 007.jpg

nikon 013.jpg

nikon 017.jpg

nikon 020.jpg

dal-t

Re: Fylde Area Group (January 2016)

Postby dal-t » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:14 am

Hi Mike,

Hope you'll forgive the impertinence, but Black 5s being a particular favourite of mine, I did a quick and dirty edit of your photo to bring out a bit more of the detail. It seems a pity not to share the result with other enthusiasts:

[/img] Image
David L-T

mike_t_norris

Postby mike_t_norris » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Thanks David, maybe one day I will get spot metering to work!

dal-t

Postby dal-t » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Yep, I have the same problem at airshows, 50% success rate at best. The reason I'm so used to the 'rapid' fix in Photoshop!
David L-T

Return to “Fylde”