Fylde Area Group (January 2015)

Moderator: mike_t_norris

mike_t_norris

Fylde Area Group (January 2015)

Postby mike_t_norris » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:56 am

The 15th January saw a strong turnout of 10 members with apologies from two, a great start to the New Year, especially given the weather.

Amongst those present were a couple of members who for various reasons have not been able to visit for a couple of years and what is more they seem set on coming regularly from now on, which is good.

The meeting was the usual natter with Arthur bringing his sales stand of North Eastern locos, with about seven of various types present; unfortunately I was not in earshot of what they all were! Richard brought along a part finished 2EPB which had a run around and maybe will spur on its completion.

Meanwhile I was demonstrating my use of my ‘Engine Driver’ throttle and JMRI WiThrottle running on an Android tablet as an evaluation and along with my coupling evaluation. Having vehicles fitted with AJ’s, Dinghams, Lincs and AAJ’s after a month of trials I have decided to go for a more extensive test of AAJ’s (Thank you Vincent de Bode – MRJ 123), so a rake of 10 coaches are now on test. It was Jim Smith Wright and his New Street layout, with his use of Dinghams which got me going on this and I have to say the Dingham did well in my evaluation but had difficulty coping with some of my tighter radius curves. So I will keep on testing and hopefully get the solution I need for Preston.

NOTE: The next meeting is a ‘Run and Natter’ on the 12th February, and not the 17th as originally advertised, starting at 7:30pm for 8:00pm. Please contact the organiser (details on the Blue Sheet) for more information.

Return to “Fylde”