Fylde Area Group (September 2020)

Moderator: mike_t_norris

mike_t_norris

Fylde Area Group (September 2020)

Postby mike_t_norris » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:10 pm

On Thursday 17th September we arranged a meeting via Zoom for the group. The meeting was attended by seven members with apologies from four, more in line with a normal meeting attendance.

Some interesting topics were discussed, starting with a very entertaining presentation by our newest member Geoff Mather about a local industry: Leyland Vehicles and their attempt at an Experimental Rail Bus, several photos were included of the vehicle being built then transported to sidings at Spurrier Works (Leyland) ready for a test run, then most amazingly views of it on the Longridge Branch near Preston. The research was in collaboration with Leyland Historical Society.

We then had updates on some member’s current projects, including Richard who showed photographs of signals, locos and coaches which he has been working on, all very busy! Then Karl did some follow up on his presentation on his layout and the progress being made there.

Again all very interesting stuff, apologies to anyone who I didn’t mention, got so involved with the discussions I forgot to write any notes!

The next Zoom meeting is arranged for Thursday 15th October at 8.00pm. contact myself if you require access details.

Advance notice of change of date for the November Zoom meeting is Thursday 12th November at 8.00pm

Return to “Fylde”