Fylde Area Group (May 2019)

Moderator: mike_t_norris

mike_t_norris

Fylde Area Group (May 2019)

Postby mike_t_norris » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm

The 16th May saw six members in attendance, with apologies from three. A number of items were brought along to run and there are some photos to follow showing what was there.

The evening was the usual mix of topics and banter, with some useful discussions particularly on my favourite topic of wheel concentricity, I think it must be just me that has such a problem with this – ahh well the nature of the hobby.

Anyway we have a number of wagons from Tony Miller including a very nice 3 box coal wagon, it should be pointed out that Tony letters all his wagons by hand. Graham Hoyle brought along a couple of experimentally weathered steel 16 ton minerals and BR 4 wheel CCT, again just lightly toned down, all very nice. This was followed by Richard Dunnings 2-10-0 currently under construction, which needed a run to check out the new slide bar components.

In all a pleasant evening was had by all.

The next meeting will be hosted by Anthony Miller in his shed housing his Lowton St. Mary layout, followed by our Summer recess, to enjoy some R & R coming back fully recharged ready for the modelling season.

The next regular meeting is on Thursday 19th September, it will be a ‘Run and natter’ session starting at 17:30 for 20:00; please contact myself the organiser (details on the Blue Sheet) for more information. ADVANCE NOTICE – the October Meeting will be on Sunday 13th October; a joint meeting with the Ribble Valley EM Gauge Group at Bowland (this is an invitation only event).

DSC07009.JPG

DSC07010.JPG

DSC07014.JPG

DSC07016.JPG

DSC07018.JPG

Return to “Fylde”