Knutsford East on show

Moderator: Will L

Will L

Knutsford East on show

Postby Will L » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Our next outing with Knutsford East will be at the Stockport show on the weekend og May 12th 13th 2012. See the clubs web site.

Because we have been let down by the cancellation of an invite to a large east of England show later in the year, this is likely to be the layouts only outing this year.

manchester 2011- 5.jpg

Will
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy C

Re: Knutsford East on show

Postby Andy C » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Maybe an increased finescale element then at Stockport Will, Im there with New Hey.

iak

Postby iak » Thu May 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Well I'm looking forward to Saturday and seeing Knutsford. 8-)
I have not seen it since its grown so........
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Will L

Postby Will L » Thu May 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Do say Hi on the way by, everybody.

Will

Will L

Knutsford East Best in Show at Stockport.

Postby Will L » Sat May 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Voted for by the Stockport & District Railway Modellers membership, their Best in show award went to Knutsford East " by a substantial margin"!

2011 Stockport BIS.jpg
As I was taken a little by surprise the photo was taken against the light and this is the best I can do. Dick Petter receives the award.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy W

Postby Andy W » Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Well done Will and co.
Make Worcestershire great again.
Build a wall along the Herefordshire border and make them pay for it.

iak

Postby iak » Sat May 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Excellent stuff.
And it looked mighty fine too gents.

Sláinte
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest
enemy of truth....
Albert Einstein

Perfection is impossible.
But I may choose to serve perfection....
Robert Fripp

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PadgateWorks/

Will L

Knutsford East on show July 14th/15th

Postby Will L » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Knustford East will be exhibited at the Manchester Airport Transport Fair on Saturday and Sunday 14th and 15th July.

This event is run by the Aviation Society and takes place in the Concorde Hanger at the Manchester Airports Runway Visitor Park. While primarily aviation orientated, it does feature all forms of Transport, including, on this occasions, railways. I gather it is more trader than exhibitor orientated. The stands are set up under Concorde's wings so it should be an interesting venue.

While it may seem a slightly unusual place to show a P4 layout, and I doubt many of the visitors will get the subtlety, the man who asked us to attend did say all the right things about how the layout looked right from above. He should know as he was, I believe a police pilot. As we had lost our planed second show of the year when Spalding found that their sponsoring magazine wanted more layouts that had featured in their pages, we though that somebody who had observed correctly what we had tried so hard to achieve was worth going along with. And it could hardly be more local to us.

Having enjoyed the Concord tour in the past I can assure you that the venue itself is worth a visit.

It is at The Runway Visitor Park, Sunbank Lane, Altrincham. WA15 8XQ
Open from 10 till 6 Saturday and Sunday, I don't think public transport is an easy option.
The normal Runway Visitor Park's parking fees will apply, but you can save 50% by buying in advance. See their web site

Will L

Knutsford East - one last show

Postby Will L » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:16 am

So Knutsford East is due one more outing, and it’s this week end at Scaleforum. In some ways it will be a sad occasion, but circumstances are what circumstances are. The advancing age of key elements of the exhibition team has a lot to do with it.

Anyway, the van is packed I gather, the stock is all cleaned and ready to roll, and most of us will be on our way after lunch. Personally I will be a little later this evening, as her who is not in doors has to finish work before we can leave Cheshire, so I hope the Fish and Chip supper isn’t to early Terry.

Tomorrow and Sunday we will be very happy to welcome all our old friends. While I’m sure we will all have a lot to talk about, we really must remember that there is a requirement to run trains. See you there. History suggest that I will be behind the Up fiddle yard.

Return to “Crewe (CAG)”