Scalefour Crewe 2023

Moderator: Will L

Steve Carter

Re: Scaleforum North 2023

Postby Steve Carter » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:08 pm

John Donnelly wrote:
Steve Carter wrote:WHATS IN A NAME?

Instead of fretting about what its called or how many miles away it is, how about thanking Richard and the Crewe Area Group for stepping up to organise the show for us all?

I am sure the Crewe group will deliver an excellent weekend for us all to enjoy and i expect members to give it the support that all the efforts of organising it deserve.

Thank you Crewe AG.

See you all there.

Steve

You are of course, correct, my original comment was meant to be somewhat tongue in cheek hence the :mrgreen: at the end...

:lol:
Steve Carter

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:06 pm

Steve Carter wrote:nstead of fretting about what its called or how many miles away it is, how about thanking Richard and the Crewe Area Group for stepping up to organise the show for us all?

:thumb :thumb :thumb

Terry Bendall

Terry Bendall
Forum Team

Postby Terry Bendall » Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:42 am

David Thorpe wrote:Yes, I'm afraid it's a step too far south as far as I'm concerned.

The problem with being a society with membership spread over the whole country, and indeed across the world, is that any change in location will always make travel more difficult for some and easier for others. Those who's circumstances or perhaps choice dictate that they live away from the more central parts of the UK will always have long journeys. In a straight line Crewe is about 70 miles south-west of Wakefield but a bit longer by road. It does however have the very considerable advantage that it is a major rail centre on the West Coast main line from Glasgow to London so rail travel is much easier and probably quicker for many people.

Terry Bendall

Tim V

Re: Scalefour Crewe 2023

Postby Tim V » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:03 pm

This topic needs renaming to 'Scalefour Crewe', took me ages to find it!
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:35 pm

Tim V wrote:This topic needs renaming to 'Scalefour Crewe', took me ages to find it!

Done!

And thanks again to Richard Sandland and the rest of the Crewe Crew for ensuring that we have a show in the diary for 2023.

Of course, calling it "Scalefour Crewe" leaves plenty of metaphorical and geographical space for other Area Groups to leap forward with their own events for future years. I'm already looking forward to the SHAG/Marches Finescale Group extravaganza in September of this year.

So which area group is going to organise "Scalefour Aylesbury" then? ;-)

Cheers
Paul WIllis
Forum Admin.
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

petermeyer

Postby petermeyer » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:19 am

As per Richard's OP, the Crewe Area Group responded to an appeal to run the Northern show in 2023, hence the original title of this thread in CAG sub-forum. Why the change?

Richard S

Postby Richard S » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:11 am

petermeyer wrote:As per Richard's OP, the Crewe Area Group responded to an appeal to run the Northern show in 2023, hence the original title of this thread in CAG sub-forum. Why the change?

What's in a name indeed.

When I first started this process the intention was to carry on the history of Scalefour shows in the North of England. By that token we'd use the same name as they did in Wakefield.

Two themes emerged in the responses I've had from the invites sent out to date. One geographic and the other seasonal.
A few have quibbled that the venue is not sufficiently Northern to use the name. Others that S4 North has always been at Easter and this isn't, because we have to wait for the end of the football league season including the playoffs to finish.
New name, new brand, new venue, new organising team.

Either way we look forward to welcoming you to the home of the Railwaymen.

kelly

Postby kelly » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:43 pm

It is good to see a new team have come forward.

I've been somewhat out of the loop since February when I broke my ankle and leg followed by a 4 week hospital stay, I'm only now starting to get back to some semblance of normality, albeit with the aid of crutches and wheelchair.

I did see about Scalefour North being cancelled however and I felt it a shame if that wasn't to carry on in some form as it was about the best show I tended to go to each year.

Crewe is certainly doable from Nuneaton, so I expect we (myself and Natalie) will likely attend, as long as it doesn't clash with DEMU Showcase, which is traditionally the first weekend in June, but moved to this coming weekend for its return to the exhibition calander due to availability of the new venue. I'm uncertain if Showcase is planned to revert to June next year as of yet, if it does then I likely won't be able to attend due to needing to be there to do the photos for UPDate.

Either way, best of luck with the show.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Return to “Crewe (CAG)”