Stop Press. QUAI:87 scoops award at scaleforum

Moderator: Rod Cameron

Brian Harrap

Stop Press. QUAI:87 scoops award at scaleforum

Postby Brian Harrap » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Just a note to say how nice it was to see so many (all?) DRAG members at scaleforum at the weekend and especially to the terrible twins, for lending a hand with the operation. I'm sure it must have been their help and the skillful way the layout was handled by the regular crew of Tim (The Kapitain) Maddocks and John (66) Farmer, that went some way to us being awarded the Ken York Trophy. Thank you all for your participation, Brian.

David B

Re: Stop Press. QUAI:87 scoops award at scaleforum

Postby David B » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Congratulations, Brian.

York Trophy_5551.jpg
Brian Harrap, Quai:87 & the York Trophy. Last Scaleforum at Leatherhead. September 2012
York Trophy_5551.jpg (185.02 KiB) Viewed 4542 times

Russ Elliott

Postby Russ Elliott » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Nice pic.

Captain Kernow

Postby Captain Kernow » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 pm

I think the fact that people were generally two or three deep around the layout for much of the weekend (and always with happy, smiling faces) went a long way to Brian deservedly scooping this award.
Tim M
Member of the Devon Riviera Area Group.

dcockling

Postby dcockling » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 pm

I must say that I was extremely pleased that Brian won the York Trophy. As this is voted for by the visitors perhaps we could say that it was a triumph for democracy :D

I was also impressed to see that Brian has his own sun-lamp and carries it around with him ;)

Looking forward to the DRAG AGM next year, I can see this being a lot of fun.

All the Best
Danny

Brian Harrap

Postby Brian Harrap » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 am

Thank you for that, Danny. Did you notice that I went and forgot to bring the bulb along? - the lack of which would have made it more difficult for the rivet counters - do we still have them? see you at the AGM. Brian

Rod Cameron

Postby Rod Cameron » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Brian Harrap wrote:Just a note to say how nice it was to see so many (all?) DRAG members at scaleforum at the weekend

I am pleased to report that out of 20 members of DRAG officially on my list, 19 were present at Scaleforum at some point (and the only one missing had a good reason and would otherwise have been there). We also had two unofficial members present in the form of Mrs & Mr Jo Palmer.

There was a group photo of DRAG members present late on Saturday afternoon, but I haven't seen any results yet. Should I be worried or afraid about this?

dcockling wrote:Looking forward to the DRAG AGM next year, I can see this being a lot of fun.

Thanks Danny, we do (and will) aim to please in the fun department!
Rod

Return to “Devon Riviera (DRAG)”