Progress

Moderator: Rod Cameron

Brian Harrap

Progress

Postby Brian Harrap » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Brian decided to go it alone last night and unveiled his plan for a new P4 layout

Flymo748

Re: Progress

Postby Flymo748 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:24 pm

Brian Harrap wrote:Brian decided to go it alone last night and unveiled his plan for a new P4 layout

And the marks from the Norwegian jury are?

Go on, you can't set up a scenario like this and leave the question hanging... Or do we run a sweepstake on geographical location and period?

Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Brian,

The idea behind ZOB (Zeist Obertraun Bahn, for those of you new to Brian's modelling) was always that it was set a few years into the future so no one could ever tell you something was wrong! Are you going freelance P4 with the same idea?

Philip

Brian Harrap

Postby Brian Harrap » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Yes Flymo and maybe Phil. The proposed plan is already undergoing a bit of a redraft (1st of many I expect). What I can reveal is that it will be industrial/commercial, sharp curves and stupid gradients and although I don't know for sure what industry, it will not be any of the usual suspects. Did you see the shale oil electrics in Dec Bylines? Brian.

Captain Kernow

Postby Captain Kernow » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:04 pm

What impresses me is the amount of 'stuff' that His Lordship has managed to get on a baseboard template about a quarter the size of Quai 87! I'm very much hoping that my suggestions for limited clearance underbridges will come to fruition (so watch what you put in the consist!)... :D
Tim M
Member of the Devon Riviera Area Group.

Brian Harrap

Postby Brian Harrap » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Captain Kernow wrote:What impresses me is the amount of 'stuff' that His Lordship has managed to get on a baseboard template about a quarter the size of Quai 87! I'm very much hoping that my suggestions for limited clearance underbridges will come to fruition (so watch what you put in the consist!)... :D

You got it Cap'n. Decided to put the canal basins on different levels too, and not connected by a flight of locks, indeed not connected at all. Brian. Ps Mr Farmer suggests 'Quay 76'. I like it.

Return to “Devon Riviera (DRAG)”