DRAG. Layout idea.

Moderator: Rod Cameron

Brian Harrap

DRAG. Layout idea.

Postby Brian Harrap » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:03 pm

A couple of weeks or so ago,us at DRAG had a non test track evening and many of the assembled company took the opportunity of the lack of said TT2 distraction to muse as to what direction DRAG and its constituent parts might take. This naturally led on to 'what, where, how, etc etc'. If it were to be done, the scale would be determined by default (some of you may remember my thoughts on choosing the scale to best suit the proposed project, but we'll leave them to one side just now) but that still left the question of what to do.
Layout suggestions and ideas were invited by the Chair so I put my thinking cap on. DRAG of course is in the county of Devon, but Ashburton has been done, the sea wall has been done and so has much else. I tried to think of something that would be a small country junction nestling under the shadow of Dartmoor where as well as the mandatory branch passenger trains,the much loved clay hoods could be run, also the polybulks, oil tankers - 4 wh and big bogie ones, controlled climate wagons and general goods. Even somewhere the Riviera Express has been known to pass through. The trackplan could include no less than 4 private sidings, a couple or 3 loops, a diamond crossing, a level crossing and even a weighbridge. It would be stretching things only a little bit to have a canal running alongside as well. And oh yes, there's the much favoured road overbridge each end as well.
It's only an idea, if anyone is interested have a look at 50 34' 21.62"N 3 38' 48.19"W or for those viewing in black and white as they used to say, go to SX836761.
Regards Brian.
Last edited by Brian Harrap on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

HowardGWR

Re: DRAG. Layout idea.

Postby HowardGWR » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:28 pm

What no royal trains parked for secret assignations? ;)

Brian Harrap

Postby Brian Harrap » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Oh yeah - Chas asked me not to mention them, Brian.

Tim V

Postby Tim V » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:55 am

And even the expressway.....
Tim V

Captain Kernow

Postby Captain Kernow » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:19 pm

But what about the Bournemouth Belle?!........... :D
Tim M
DRAG - The Area Group for all right-thinking P4 modellers in South Devon!

Captain Kernow

Postby Captain Kernow » Sun May 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Captain Kernow wrote:But what about the Bournemouth Belle?!........... :D

How is it possible for me to have made the above comment at 3.19pm on Friday 29/4/11, when I was no where near any kind of computer or internet connection at the time??
Tim M
DRAG - The Area Group for all right-thinking P4 modellers in South Devon!

Return to “Devon Riviera (DRAG)”