Wee Men - Selection of 4mm figures

Northern Maiden

Wee Men - Selection of 4mm figures

Postby Northern Maiden » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:25 pm

A selection of some 4mm figures that I've painted over the last few months. The figures are from Monty's Models (via Dart Castings)

Tim V

Re: Wee Men - Selection of 4mm figures

Postby Tim V » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 pm

I enjoyed your article in the Toddler, I'm quite inspired to have a go at some of my own.
Tim V
(Not all railways in Somerset went to Dorset)

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Tim V wrote:I enjoyed your article in the Toddler, I'm quite inspired to have a go at some of my own.

Superb characterisations. Very nice indeed.

Are these using normal wargaming techniques of lowlighting/highlighting?

What sorts of paints are you using?

(spot someone that doesn't have the relevant Modeller article...)

Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Mark Tatlow

Postby Mark Tatlow » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Great stuff Rachel.

That signalman has got hands like dustbin lids, I would not want to mess with him!
Last edited by Mark Tatlow on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Tatlow

grovenor-2685
Forum Team

Postby grovenor-2685 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Whatever that crewman had for breakfast it clearly did not agree with him ;) And the paint job on the loco as well as the corrugated iron is superb. Thanks for showing us.
regards
Regards
Keith
Grovenor Sidings

David Thorpe

Postby David Thorpe » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:19 am

Brilliant. So often an otherwise totally convincing model scenario is let down by the "human" figures. These, on the other hand, are superb.

David.

Northern Maiden

Postby Northern Maiden » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:45 am

Many thanks for the comments, I should have a new batch of figures painted within the next couple of weeks so will post pictures of those up too.

Tim V wrote:I enjoyed your article in the Toddler, I'm quite inspired to have a go at some of my own.

Glad you enjoyed it :) If you do give it a go and need any clarification on any of my points feel free to either pm me or ask via the forum.

Flymo748 wrote:Are these using normal wargaming techniques of lowlighting/highlighting? What sorts of paints are you using?

(spot someone that doesn't have the relevant Modeller article...)
Flymo

I am indeed using the normal wargaming techniques (I spent years painting my brother's historical wargames armies... in fact I still do :D ) I use acrylic paints as I like the vibrancy of the colours but the same techniques can be used with enamels. I basically layer the colours with the darker, shadow tones first then gradually build up the mid-tones and highlights.

grovenor-2685 wrote:Whatever that crewman had for breakfast it clearly did not agree with him ;)

BR pork pie? :shock:

Re6/6

Postby Re6/6 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:06 am

Inspirational stuff. Thanks for posting. Quite the best painting of figures, that I've seen.
John

Return to “Road Vehicles and Figures”