John Day Models

David B

John Day Models

Postby David B » Sat May 30, 2015 8:24 am

I responded to a post in Another Place about pre-WW2 commercial vehicles and came across John Day Models.

This list has been around for some time and models are seen regularly on Ebay. I Googled the range, found it was passed on last year and is being actively reintroduced, so I sent off a request for details.

A 3 page list and zip file of 142 images came back this morning. A few of the images are 'duplicates' in that they show a different view of the same vehicle, but even so, there are more than 125 vehicles in the range from 1920s to 1970s. As you might expect with a range that has not been marketed for a while, not all are available, some temporarily whilst others need to be remastered. These are marked on the list.

In his reply to me, Daryle Toney said, "Most of the 1930's cars and vans (around 11) will be back into mould this year as I have now finished work on producing a nice separate wire wheel for mould, I know there's a niche in the market for these and they are a priority. There will also be some new figure scenes including a nice set of hereford cattle which are being worked on at the moment by a brilliant sculptor so I have high hopes for these.".

Details can be got from Daryle Toney by sending an email to d.toney@btinternet.com and putting in the subject line John Day Model Enquiry so that it does not go into Daryle's spam folder. (The email address is not a link as I don't know how to make it one - sorry.)

David B

Re: John Day Models

Postby David B » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:32 am

I had an email from Daryle Toney today. The John Day Models website is up and running.

Return to “Road Vehicles and Figures”