Modern trucks from my collection

jhock

Modern trucks from my collection

Postby jhock » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:30 pm

I thought I would share some of my collection of modern trucks that I have modified:

Oxdiecast Daf105 with a converted flatbed trailer

Same truck but with brick loading crane, the crane is a herpa item but I have rebuilt the grab to scale it up 4mm scale.

This timber lorry I built from knightwing trailer and Volvo F12 cab, the wheels are from CMSC Seddon Atkinson kits that met a rather unfortunate end so I recycled them onto the volvo as the Knightwing wheels are not good.

Same Volvo cab but with a bulk tipper scrap trailer, built on a Knightwing flabed trailer.

jhock

Re: Modern trucks from my collection

Postby jhock » Sat May 21, 2011 6:27 pm

This one is for my layout:

It is repainted Corgie Scania tractor unit, the trailer is from scratch using various bits plasticard and and plastic rodding, I still have few bits to sort. There are the lights to painted on, the mudflaps need painting and I thinking about painting the grey part of the cab the same colour as the trailer.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Re: Modern trucks from my collection

Postby Paul Willis » Sat May 21, 2011 7:11 pm

jhock wrote:This one is for my layout:

It is repainted Corgie Scania tractor unit, the trailer is from scratch using various bits plasticard and and plastic rodding, I still have few bits to sort. There are the lights to painted on, the mudflaps need painting and I thinking about painting the grey part of the cab the same colour as the trailer.

Very nice James. Have you seen Jim S-W's postings on the Forum about the road vehicles that he's building for BNS? Although you've probably picked them up from RMWeb as well. The two of you are setting a nice trend in how to model these.

Flymo
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

Return to “Road Vehicles and Figures”