Garden Shed

Making room for a layout, where and how?
DougN

Re: Garden Shed

Postby DougN » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:32 am

"Doug. I like the look of the "Alex" from Ikea but it's having to go to Ikea to get it. God awful place. "

Your right about finding the way through the maze and not be distracted by the other half "OOw i think I can put that on the wall and replace the ....."

If you know what you want some times the staff can be helpful enough to say "oh yes, is in isle ?? and position XX" then you can run avoiding the entire length of the joint to find it. You need to end up like me and "Bunnings" I know what I want, I am in and out faster with no flaffing around. My best time was about 8 minutes. Car to Car.

The best thing about the alex units is you buy 2 to save on the trips! mine are the wider units on casters!
Doug
Still not doing enough modelling

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 am

Well I survived Ikea {just}. In the end I didn't go for the Alex drawers but ended up with buying two 3 draw units and two smaller 3 draw metal {open frame} unit. All this came in under £100 which would have been the price of just one Alex. Thinking about it I didn't see any real need to have draws that were on casters but if I change my mind at a later date I can retro fit them myself. I also brought a very comfy office type chair and got a second one {ex-display} for a tenner. Happy days!

Dave

P.S. Assembling the two metal draw units were akin-ed to building a Brassmasters 4F.

Tony Wilkins

Postby Tony Wilkins » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:53 am

Hi Dave.
If you do decide you need any casters, Screwfix do a good selection. That is where I got mine.
Regards
Tony.
Inspiration from the past. Dreams for the future.

Serjt-Dave

Postby Serjt-Dave » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Everything is now just about squared away and sorted. The pile of Bachmann stuff I've decided to sell on. Can't be arsed with flaffing around trying to convert them. It's easier to just build from a kit. I'll keep a few like the Ivatt 2-6-2T as I don't think there's a kit for it and also the 9f's and a 7f to use there bodies on new chassis. If all goes well I might actually start modeling tomorrow and the on going battle with my Brassmasters 4f continues, but at least it's in the paint shop now.

Dave
1 A sorted.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Layout Location”