Blacksmiths 4mm range - New Owner

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
JackBlack

Blacksmiths 4mm range - New Owner

Postby JackBlack » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:08 am

I expect most interested people will already have seen this, but Mark Seward from the GWR Modellers group on Facebook has announced the purchase of the Blacksmiths range:

Big news for the 4mm modellers as of today I’m now in ownership of the blacksmith 4mm range. I have not taken any of the blacksmith cooper craft debts or liabilities. Bringing the range back to life will be slow with some investment needed for sure but the aim is to start with the gwr stock which is where my knowledge and love is. Of coarse if the demand for other items is there then they will be looked at. In the meantime I will be selling some etches as this will help with the reinvestment of castings.

Lovely news for me as I can finally get my hands on a Matchboard trailer 8-)

Nick Allport
CLAG

kelly

Re: Blacksmiths 4mm range - New Owner

Postby kelly » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:24 pm

Hopefully the SR unit etches will come back as they're amongst the only real options for a full kit of those.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Guy Rixon

Postby Guy Rixon » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:08 pm

This is excellent news. Is there any catalogue of kits and etches that might appear sometime? I never saw a Blacksmith catalogue.

kelly

Postby kelly » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:02 pm

Guy Rixon wrote:This is excellent news. Is there any catalogue of kits and etches that might appear sometime? I never saw a Blacksmith catalogue.

Mr Dunn did have a catalogue of the kits at one point when he was at shows. He often said he had everything, but didn't know what went with what. He never did ask for help identifying parts though, I'm sure he'd have been able to sell full kits had he been willing perhaps as etches and non injection mould parts were initially not the problem he had.

I'm not sure if his old site is on the wayback machine or not as it did list the kits and etches iirc.
DEMU UPDate Editor
DEMU
Photos on Flickr

Winander

Postby Winander » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:11 am

kelly wrote:I'm not sure if his old site is on the wayback machine or not as it did list the kits and etches iirc

Most sites are on there, but this one quotes a couple called Breakspear not Dunn
If you want any further info, I got these from https://web.archive.org/web/20150916225441if_/http://www.blacksmithmodels.com/4mm_Kits.htm The menu is a little way down the page on the left.
Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 01.05.18.png

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 01.05.38.png

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 01.05.52.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

JackBlack

Postby JackBlack » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:55 am

Mark has set up a website here: https://blacksmithmodels.co.uk and will be posting updates as things become available again.

Nick Allport
CLAG

Philip Hall

Postby Philip Hall » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:44 pm

It was Martin Breakspear, if I remember correctly, who bought the business from Dave Smith when he retired. I think I photographed new and previous owners at ExpoEM or Scaleforum that year. Don't remember when that was though!

Phikip

Return to “Product Information”