High level gear box

For new product announcements, recommendations, reviews and sourcing. Must be relevant to society members.
Geoffrygee

High level gear box

Postby Geoffrygee » Thu May 06, 2021 1:20 pm

I have been trying to contact High level gear box for several weeks now by phone and email. has anybody else also had problems, are they still trading.
Kind regards
Alan Gee

David Thorpe

Re: High level gear box

Postby David Thorpe » Thu May 06, 2021 1:36 pm

Chris is on furlough, having had to temporarily suspend trading due to a lack of gears - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index ... nt-4422761 . He's also had problems with emails getting through.

DT

Geoffrygee

Postby Geoffrygee » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:52 pm

Has anybody had contact with Chris at High Level gearbox. I have emailed an order and tried to ring him with no reply yet. Should I try the old fashion way and post him a letter.
Kind regards
Dr G Alan Gee

jim s-w

Postby jim s-w » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Haven’t tried and I won’t until there’s a notification that he’s trading again.

Best to bookmark this topic https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7422&p=83375&hilit=High+level+kits#p83375 and keep an eye on it.
Jim Smith-Wright

http://www.p4newstreet.com

Over thinking often leads to under doing!

bécasse

Postby bécasse » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Chris is still furloughed and has had serious problems with the supply of satisfactorily-moulded gears. He is working with a potential new supplier in an effort to overcome the latter problem and, hopefully, if that proves successful he will be back in business.
He has a new website which, when he is able to resume trading, will enable on-line ordering. Until then I think that you just have to be patient.
More information from the horse's mouth here https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85210-high-level-kits/page/24/

Phil O

Postby Phil O » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:25 pm

Just to update this, Chris has mentioned on the above link, that he hopes to start fulfilling back orders from Monday. Once he has caught up he will start on the newer orders.

Cheers

Phil

Winander

Postby Winander » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:28 pm

As noted here https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7422&p=83375&hilit=High+level+kits#p83375, with a recent note from the man himself (sorry, not you Ivan ;) ).
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Paul Willis
Forum Team

Postby Paul Willis » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:57 am

Morning all,

The flow of High Level components has started again. Happy modellers are reporting on RMWeb the arrival of little packages on their doormats.

This is the latest update, yesterday, from Chris:

"I'm just getting to grips with using the new site from our end and it is going to make life easier but it's also quite a steep learning curve. Covid has had a real go at our household recently so I've had to fly solo.

I'm working through the orders sitting on the site now, so if you haven;'t had yours yet I will get around to it.

We didsalso have a slight glitch - when I say slight, I may be understating it... and when I say glitch I actually mean that some orders may have gone astray when we changed e mail providers. These would be orders from either before the furlough, or during it, so say, the last six months. If this might be you, give us a week or so and then drop us a line.... and apologies for the shocking service - you just can't get the staff, or the parts, or anything else...

When I get the chance, I;m going to put the new motor profiles on the site and will try and get some spares listed so you can also order those online.

Again, thanks so much for your patience and support.
"

Do note the slight problem with possible lost orders, so please do give Chris a breathing space then follow up, as I recall that there have been questions asked earlier in this topic.

Cheers
Paul
Beware of Trains - occasional modelling in progress!
www.5522models.co.uk

David Knight

Postby David Knight » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:11 pm

By way of a further update, Chris indicated in a post on RMweb today that Covid was in his own home so he was flying solo for the moment. Under the circumstances, patience would be a virtue..
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index ... nt=4534329

Cheers,

David

LesGros

Postby LesGros » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:47 am

Let us also demonstrate some compassion, and wish Chris and his family a safe return to good health.
LesG

The man who never made a mistake
never made anything useful

DaveHarris

Postby DaveHarris » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:04 pm

I would echo the comment from Les. We all hope you and your family return to good health as soon as possible Chris

Daddyman

Postby Daddyman » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:16 am

FYI, I placed an order on the Monday that Chris reopened. I was just taking a punt really and fully prepared and expecting to wait a month. But my items turned up this morning - just over a week later. Many thanks to Chris!

Winander

Postby Winander » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Same here David, I too expected to wait much longer. An excellent return to service from Chris.
Richard Hodgson
Organiser Scalefour Virtual Group. Our meeting invitation is here.

Return to “Product Information”